Lead, Senior Software Engineer, Data Engineering
- Seattle, WA, USA
Paying the right way, getting paid what you’re worth — it’s complicated, and it matters. Compensation used to be a dark art. Not anymore. PayScale helps employers and their employees understand the right pay for every position and effectively communicate about compensation.
PayScale pioneered the use of crowd-sourced compensation data and unique matching algorithms to power the world’s most advanced compensation platform and continues to be the compensation market leader, featured in G2 Crowd's 100 Best Software Companies for 2018, based on user reviews.
We foster a working environment that generates new ideas, promotes ownership and experimentation and encourages highly motivated individuals to be truly creative. Are you forward-thinking, tenacious, and inventive? If so, PayScale may be the perfect place for you to grow your career!
Does empowering teams to make data driven decisions excite you? Do you wake up in the morning wondering what possibilities could be unlocked with more data? PayScale is looking for a best in class engineer to join the Data Engineering team. This team focuses on making possible fast, accurate, and reliable access to data. We build data pipelines, run a data warehouse, and support the productization of our data. We advocate for good data practices and make sure that the many PayScale teams are able to make good decisions.
Technologies We're Using
- C#, Docker, Azure Web Apps, AWS ECS, Dynamo, SQL, Elasticsearch, Postgres, and Octopus
- For Data Warehousing and Reporting we use Snowflake, Spark, Tableau, and Power BI
- For ETL and pipelining we use, Python, Team City, AWS Lambda
First Year in Role:
- Month 3: You have a good understanding of how the team works, who our customers are and can run all the team's services and processes on your local machine.
- Month 6: At this point, you have completely ramped up on the team with the ability to pick up any task on the sprint board and complete it on your own from start to finish. You can collaborate with the rest of the engineering and product org and understand when and where to focus the team. You help build the team's roadmap, set Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and create the plan.
- Month 12: You are fully integrated into the PayScale engineering organization and you are an authority in many of the projects, services, and processes that you own as a team. Your team trusts and respects you and as a group your team delivers solutions that move the business forward.
- You have 2+ years experience leading people
- You have 5+ years experience building services.
- You have previous experience with cloud provides (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- You have built and deployed micro services with REST APIs.
- You are a C# master and have used Python.
- You are strong in database systems including relational databases and document databases.
- You have familiarity/experience with unit testing and crafting testable code.
- People love working for you because you bring out the best in them and set them up for success
- You have the ability and desire to work with a team of people solving complex problems that often require independent research with minimal supervision.
- You have excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- You get excited about empowering developers to succeed.
Benefits & Perks – The Highlights:
- Flexible Paid Time Off policy
- 10 paid holidays AND Summer office closure the entire week of July 4th
- Excellent Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription coverage: 100% company-paid premiums for employees; 50% for eligible partners and dependents
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards: Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, and Transit
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave, and onsite Mother’s Room
- 401k which vests immediately, complete with company match
- Onsite bike storage, lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Ergo friendly chairs and sitting-standing desks
- Company-hosted happy hours
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us the first Friday of every month. WOOF!)
Equal Opportunity Employer: PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.