- Seattle, WA, USA
PayScale is the world leader in modern compensation software. We believe data-informed discussions about compensation benefit both employers and employees and that greater pay transparency promotes equity, engagement and employee retention. We are bringing the dark art of compensation into the light by helping individuals understand the right pay for their position and more than 7,000 businesses retain and manage their largest investment: their people.
We’re transforming the compensation industry and are looking to bring on talented data professionals like you with diverse perspectives. At PayScale, we acknowledge and value our differences as well as our combined strengths. We want all employees, regardless of their background, to feel respected personally and professionally. We foster a working environment that generates new ideas, promotes ownership and experimentation, and encourages highly motivated individuals to be truly creative.
Does empowering a company to make data driven decisions excite you? We are looking for a Data Scientist to do just that. We are a small team working on high impact projects that drive innovation in our customer facing products and across the organization. The Data Science team partners closely with data engineers, product managers, and other external partners to design and develop the machine learning applications that power our compensation tools.
In this role you will focus on building and improving algorithms around salary prediction, record matching, recommendations/search, client retention, and lead scoring.
What You'll Be Doing
- Acquire, clean, and process data with reliable, maintainable code
- Contribute to the development of a robust understanding of compensation strategies for the company with in-depth exploratory analyses
- Identify how to maximize the value of and improve our products with data by collaborating with Product, Sales, Marketing and other internal teams.
- Iteratively design, code, train, test, deploy, and improve machine learning algorithms
- Evangelize your machine learning services with written and oral presentations.
If you enjoy seeing a project all the way from concept to production this is an excellent opportunity within a collaborative SaaS company.
Technologies We're Using
- Python (pandas, scikit-learn, NumPy, SpaCy), SQL, Elasticsearch, Tensorflow, Snowflake, Postgres, Spark, Azure, AWS, Git, and Docker
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 4+ years experience building machine learning models/services
- You are thoughtful in the evaluation of your models, improving them over time as they interact with real users
- You have excellent coding skills, especially in Python or R
- You care about the reliability and maintainability of your code.
- Familiarity/experience with unit testing and crafting testable code.
- You have a working understanding of database systems and experience writing SQL queries.
- You have some experience with cloud providers (AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud).
- You can effectively communicate and share results with both technical and non-technical partners.
- You have the ability and desire to work with a team of people solving complex problems that often require independent research with minimal supervision.
- You have strong critical thinking and communication skills.
PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
- Flexible Paid Time Off policy
- 100% company paid medical/vision/dental/prescription premiums for employees (50% for eligible dependents and partners)
- Four Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards:
- Dependent Care (can be used towards day care costs!)
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 10 paid holidays!
- 401-k with company match, vests immediately
- Casual dress code
- Onsite lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Bike storage
- Coworkers you actually like...
- Gender neutral bathrooms on most floors
- Mothers' Room
- Sitting-Standing ergo friendly desks
- Weekly company sponsored happy hours
- Work from home Wednesdays
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us the first Friday of every month. WOOF)