Vice President, Product Management
- Seattle, WA, USA
Paying the right way, getting paid what you’re worth — it’s complicated, and it matters. Compensation used to be a dark art. Not anymore. PayScale helps employers and their employees understand the right pay for every position and effectively communicate about compensation.
PayScale pioneered the use of big data and unique matching algorithms to power the world’s most advanced compensation platform and continues to be the compensation market leader, featured in G2 Crowd's 100 Best Software Companies for 2018, based on user reviews.
We foster a working environment that generates new ideas, promotes ownership and experimentation and encourages highly motivated individuals to be truly creative. Are you forward-thinking, tenacious, and inventive? If so, PayScale may be the perfect place for you to grow your career!
The VP, Product Management will build and lead the team driving the strategy, product definition and execution of the PayScale product platform. This role will be accountable for the timely and accurate completion of multiple strategic development projects.
This role is ideal for a person with experience leading a Product organization with multiple product lines in a high growth SAAS company. Developing high potential talent is a key in this role. Experience with compensation and/or human resources information systems are a major plus.
- Develop product strategy and roadmaps for our multi-tenant SaaS product with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, marketing, accounts teams, and customer support.
- Prioritize and create features for our customers, supporting millions of employees.
- Stay vigilant on feature development to ensure customer value is realized.
- Actively work to build an environment that supports every person bringing their best self to work.
- Lead a team of Product Managers, TPMs, and Product Analysts defining features and functionality for all PayScale products
- Develop services, internal process automation, reporting and analytics
- Ensure alignment between product roadmaps and platform deliverables
- Work with multiple technology stacks, including Open Source, Microsoft .Net and Cloud computing environments.
- Lead UX/Design team to constantly improve usability and feature adoption
- Coordinate dependencies across the product portfolio and resolve or escalate conflicts
- Lead cross functional projects with engineering, product marketing, data operations, CS, and other departments to prepare release objectives, milestones and schedules for all phases of product development and launch.
- Drive superb execution at a balanced pace, anticipating staffing needs, risks, and the need for frequent and clear communication
- Engage directly with customers to gather requirements and understand their needs
- Work directly with C-level executives to drive alignment on strategic technology deliverables
- Actively engage key partners to drive business requirement definition and keep the team informed of progress; ensure that executive sponsors and others are aware of any potential roadblocks or inability to deliver as committed
The ideal individual for this opportunity brings the following to the table:
- Committed desire to understand customers
- Passion for great products is an understatement
- Data guides your decisions, but you have the confidence to make smart bets in its absence
- Attitude of empowerment and a passion for helping teams and individuals achieve self-organization
- Natural talent for mediating contending interests and finding creative solutions
- Track record of working with engineering and design teams: people want to work with you again!
- Ability to think strategically while also maintaining day to day operations
- Ready to challenge the status-quo and drive innovative ideas
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding quantitative and analytical abilities
- Ability to gain proficiency in new industries, markets and technologies quickly
- 10+ years of technology product management experience
- Experience leading projects from concept through launch with cross functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, computer science or similar. MBA preferred
- Experience with SaaS, Enterprise SW, or strategic consulting preferred
- Passion for and experience with Agile methodologies and tools for product management
Benefits & Perks – The Highlights:
- Flexible Paid Time Off policy
- 10 paid holidays AND Summer office closure the entire week of July 4th
- Amazing Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription coverage: 100% company-paid premiums for employees; 50% for eligible partners and dependents
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards: Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, and Transit
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Competitive Maternity and Paternity Leave, and onsite Mother’s Room
- 401k which vests immediately, complete with company match
- Onsite bike storage, lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Ergo friendly chairs and sitting-standing desks
- Company-hosted happy hours every Friday afternoon
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us the first Friday of every month. WOOF!)
Equal Opportunity Employer: PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.