Software Engineer, Dev Ops and Site Reliability
- Cary, NC, USA
Paying the right way, getting paid what you’re worth — it’s complicated, and it matters. Compensation used to be a dark art. Not anymore. PayScale helps employers and their employees understand the right pay for every position and effectively communicate about compensation.
PayScale pioneered the use of big data and unique matching algorithms to power the world’s most advanced compensation platform and continues to be the compensation market leader, featured in G2 Crowd's 100 Best Software Companies for 2018, based on user reviews.
We foster a working environment that generates new ideas, promotes ownership and experimentation and encourages highly motivated individuals to be truly creative. Are you forward-thinking, tenacious, and inventive? If so, PayScale may be the perfect place for you to grow your career!
About the Team and Role:
The DevOps and Site Reliability team partners with IT, application development teams and other stakeholders to ensure reliability and performance of PayScale applications. We create CI/CD and automation solutions using TeamCity and Jenkins; we containerize using Docker and Kubernetes; we monitor and alert using tools like DataDog; we automate everything using scripting languages; we implement robust, automated Disaster Recovery solutions; and we are moving everything into highly secure environments in the cloud. In this role, you will collaborate with application teams to define and lead initiatives in these areas to support flawless production deployments and maximum uptime.
We delight our customers with great experiences. To that end, you will take ownership of operational issues, debug and research to find root causes, and experiment and test to find and deliver timely solutions.
You will also engage in strategic operational projects around disaster recovery, SOC controls, security audits, migration to cloud services, Kubernetes, architectural refactoring, performance improvements, etc.
Technologies we use:
- Data layer: PostgreSQL, Azure SQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, Spark, Kafka/ASB
- Tools: Jenkins, TeamCity, DataDog, Sentry.io
- Environments: Linux (Azure and AWS)
- Container ecosystems: Docker, Kubernetes (AKS)
- Load balancers: ELB, ALB, Nginx
What You'll Need:
- You have a background in: builds, deployments, monitoring, automation, testing.
- You have 2+ years of professional development experience in a cloud environment.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Working knowledge of SQL and SQL databases.
- You can explain technical concepts to developers, project managers, and technical managers.
- Ability and desire to team up with others, solving complex problems that often require independent research with minimal supervision.
- Enthusiasm for making quality a core value for the team.
Equal Opportunity Employer: PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off policy
- 100% company paid medical/vision/dental/prescription premiums for employees (50% for eligible dependents and partners)
- Four Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards:
- Dependent Care (can be used towards day care costs!)
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 10 paid holidays!
- Summer office closure, entire week of July 4th
- 401k with company match, vests immediately
- Casual dress code
- Onsite shower
- Greenway trail access
- Coworkers you actually like
- Sitting-Standing ergo friendly desks
- Company sponsored happy hours