Senior Data Analyst
- Seattle, WA, USA
PayScale is the world leader in modern compensation software. Our rich data and unique algorithms power the world’s largest real-time database of salary profiles, giving both employers and employees immediate visibility into the right pay for any position. We are bringing the dark art of compensation into the light by helping more than 6,500 businesses to stay competitive in the labor market and retain and manage their largest investment: their people.
We’re disrupting the compensation industry and are looking to bring on talented professionals with diverse perspectives. We foster a playful work atmosphere where highly motivated individuals can be truly innovative. Are you bright, tenacious, and inventive? If so, PayScale may be the perfect place for you to grow your career!
We are a fast-growing Warburg Pincus portfolio company who is thrilled to have brought the MarketPay product into our suite of offerings in 2016, and started a strategic alliance with Mercer in 2017. We can't wait for you to join us!
Are you motivated by turning large quantities of data into value for our customers? Do you want to curate data into products that change people’s lives? We are looking for a self-motivated Senior Data Analyst with a real passion for solving analytical problems to join our Data Products team based in Pioneer Square. As a data driven company, our data is our lifeblood and we want someone to join us in the journey of discovering what amazing things it has to offer.
What you’ll do
- You will work with a multi-disciplinary team responsible for researching, developing, and producing our business data products, including crowd-sourced and company sourced data offerings.
- You will perform in-depth market research on complimentary and competing products to help guide data product strategy.
- You may develop analytical and statistical approaches to answer business questions, examine data validity and report on interesting data subjects.
- You will use your programming skills to structure and analyze data from the PayScale database of over 60 million crowd-sourced profiles, and 20 million employee profiles.
- You will have the opportunity to work with business owners to develop project plans based on key goals.
- You will mentor junior team members.
What you’ll need
- A bachelor’s degree with significant course work in a quantitative field, such as economics, statistics, econometrics, physical sciences, or applied mathematics.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Advanced knowledge in Python, specifically Pandas.
- Experience with other advanced analytical technologies (e.g., R, SQL, etc.) is a plus.
- An obsession with cleaning, structuring, and analyzing data.
- Experience answering complex questions quantitatively.
- Effective written and oral communication skills that can translate statistical concepts to different audiences.
- Attention to detail with a good sense of organization and time management.
- Able to work independently in a dynamic, fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Can complete large projects autonomously, needing help only with unusual matters.
PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Benefits We Offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off policy
- 100% company paid medical/vision/dental/prescription premiums for employees (50% for eligible dependents and partners)
- Four Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards: Medical, Dependent Care (can be used towards day care costs!), Parking, Tansit.
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Generous Parental Leave, 4-12 weeks
- 10 paid holidays!
- Summer office closure, entire week of July 4th
- 401k with company match, vests immediately
- Casual dress code (JSS - Jeans, shorts, and sandals welcome!)
- Onsite gym
- Onsite lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Bike storage
- Coworkers you actually like...
- Gender neutral bathrooms on most floors
- Mothers' Room
- Sitting-Standing ergo friendly desks
- Weekly company sponsored happy hours
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us the first Friday of every month. WOOF!)