Sales Development Representative
- Seattle, WA, USA
PayScale is the world leader in modern compensation software. Our rich data and unique algorithms power the world’s largest real-time database of salary profiles, giving both employers and employees immediate visibility into the right pay for any position. We are bringing the dark art of compensation into the light by helping more than 6,500 businesses to stay competitive in the labor market and retain and manage their largest investment: their people.
We’re disrupting the compensation industry and are looking to bring on talented professionals with diverse perspectives. We foster a playful work atmosphere where highly motivated individuals can be truly innovative. Are you bright, tenacious, and inventive? If so, PayScale may be the perfect place for you to grow your career!
We are a fast-growing Warburg Pincus portfolio company who is thrilled to have brought the MarketPay product into our suite of offerings in 2016, and started a strategic alliance with Mercer in 2017. We can't wait for you to join us!
In this role you will build a strong sales foundation; learning everything from objection handling, prospecting, lead qualification, research, customer personas and more. You are the first impression for our potential clients, and therefore have a huge impact on PayScale's success.
- Heavy outbound phone/email prospecting.
- Ensuring that Salesforce, Outreach, and other tools are consistently up to date.
- Researching prospective companies (blueprinting).
- Collaborate with full cycle Account Executives to schedule demos and develop quality engagements within geographic territories.
The ideal individual for this opportunity brings the following to the table:
- Coachable: you love feedback. You are able to adapt and apply coaching to improve performance and results.
- Persuasive: you get your point across succinctly and effectively in order to influence decisions/outcomes.
- Self-Motivated: You are your biggest critic. You are always striving to build upon previous successes.
- Curious: you have a deep hunger to learn, coupled with a willingness to experiment. You ask a lot of questions.
- Resilient: you realize that the quickest path to success is through quick failures, so you aren't afraid to jump in and try something new.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Active listener: you recognize there is a difference between "hearing" and "listening" and you even pick up on what's not being said.
- Phone presence: you are clear, concise, professional, and engaging over the phone.
- Detail oriented: the little things matter! You're able to create a process that keeps you on track.
- Tech savvy: you love experimenting with new technology, and you quickly learn and adapt to new processes.
- Exceptional verbal & written communication: you have the ability to write a confident and professional email.
PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Benefits We Offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off policy
- 100% company paid medical/vision/dental/prescription premiums for employees (50% for eligible dependents and partners)
- Four Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards: Medical, Dependent Care (can be used towards day care costs!), Parking, Tansit.
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Generous Parental Leave, 4-12 weeks
- 10 paid holidays!
- Summer office closure, entire week of July 4th
- 401k with company match, vests immediately
- Casual dress code (JSS - Jeans, shorts, and sandals welcome!)
- Onsite gym
- Onsite lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Bike storage
- Coworkers you actually like...
- Gender neutral bathrooms on most floors
- Mothers' Room
- Sitting-Standing ergo friendly desks
- Weekly company sponsored happy hours
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us the first Friday of every month. WOOF!)