Sr. Director, Product Marketing - Remote
PayNearMe develops award-winning technology to facilitate the end-to-end customer payment experience, making it easy for businesses to manage and accept payments. The company enables more ways to pay by offering all major payment types and channels in a single platform. PayNearMe is the technology company that’s changing how payments are made.
We are a diverse and collaborative company that loves to delight its customers (merchants, consumers, etc.) with simple, useful and practical product/service offerings. PayNearMe has over 200 employees, closed a $45M Series D round in June 2023, and is processing over $1B in payments monthly. We’re headquartered in Silicon Valley with our employees distributed all across the US. Help us reimagine payments!
We’re in growth mode and looking to add a dynamic Sr. Director, Product Marketing to our PayNearMe team. This position will report to the Chief Marketing Officer.
As the Senior Director of Product Marketing at PayNearMe, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our product marketing strategy and driving growth, relevance, differentiation, and value in the Bill Payment and iGaming & Sports Betting segments. You will lead cross-functional teams to achieve success in various aspects of product and portfolio strategy, messaging, positioning, storytelling, go-to-market execution, and analysis.
You'll Own and Be Responsible For:
- Strategic Leadership: Lead and own the product marketing function for the company, collaborating cross-functionally to influence product architecture, roadmaps, and product/feature positioning in a rapidly evolving and highly competitive financial technology category.
- Product Positioning and Messaging: Drive the product positioning, messaging, branding/naming, and value proposition for PayNearMe products and services in target vertical markets.
- Product Launches: Plan the launches of new products and features and manage the cross-functional implementation of the launch plan.
- Sales Enablement: Understand and support our sales channels, create sales enablement collateral, and train sales teams on the problems our products solve for buyers and users.
- Customer Insights: Gather insights into customer usage, use cases, case studies, untapped opportunities, and buyer personas through interviews, surveys, and sales data.
- Competitive Analysis: Maintain expertise in the competitive landscape, understand how competitors are positioned, and identify where our products excel.
- Go-to-Market Collaboration: Collaborate with the demand generation team to develop omni-channel go-to-market campaigns and content tailored to target buyer personas at all stages of the sales cycle.
- Market Research: Initiate, define, and manage market research studies in collaboration with internal and external resources and the product team.
- Strategic Expansion: Contribute to the strategy and plan to expand product/features to new verticals and segments organically or through partnerships.
- Experience: 10+ years of B2B product marketing experience, with a preference for candidates with experience in financial technology or financial services.
- Analytical Leadership: Hands-on strategic and analytical leader with a proven track record of working in a high-growth technology company. Exceptional ROI-tracking skills are a must.
- B2B SaaS Expertise: Knowledge of the B2B SaaS customer buyer journey and the ability to demonstrate how marketing influences different stages in the sales and renewal cycle.
- Communication Skills: Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical product information across various formats and channels.
- Content Creation: Strong content creation skills with a portfolio of work to demonstrate your expertise.
- Management Skills: Excellent people and management skills to interact effectively with colleagues, clients, cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Tool Proficiency: Comfortable using various collaboration, content, and user testing tools, including Slack, Jira, Seismic, and Salesforce.
- Adaptability: Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, distributed, technology-focused organization, managing multiple projects simultaneously with a sense of urgency, ownership, and accountability.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Proven success in working closely with cross-functional teams and collaborating effectively with product teams.
- Base salary per year (paid semi-monthly)
- Fast- paced and professional work culture
- Stock options with standard startup vesting - 1 year cliff; 4 years total
- $50 monthly communication expense stipend to go towards your phone/internet bill
- $250 stipend to enhance your WFH setup
- Reimbursement for peripheral equipment: monitor (up to $400), keyboard and mouse (up to $200)
- Premium medical benefits including vision and dental (100% coverage for employees)
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Paid parental bonding leave
- Paid sick leave, jury duty, bereavement
- 401k plan
- Flexible Time Off (our team members typically take off ~3-4 weeks per year)
- Volunteer Time Off
- 13 scheduled holidays
- 2x / year in-person team meet-ups (2-3 days, company paid)
Salary Range: $200,000 - 235,000
PayNearMe strives to create a workplace where all employees thrive. Our core values represent who we are today and we take pride in the way we work with each other as well as with our stakeholders.
We’re in this together to do the right thing. We deliver real results we are proud of while remaining respectful, transparent, and flexible.
PayNearMe is an equal opportunity employer. We are diligently and thoughtfully working towards cultivating a diverse workforce which in turn, enhances our products and services for the communities we serve. Applicants who represent all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT: APPLICANT NOTICE
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Last Reviewed on: December 23, 2019
PayNearMe, Inc. (the “Company”) is providing you with this Notice (“Notice”) to inform you about:
- the categories of Personal Information that the Company collects and maintains about applicants; and
- the purposes for which the Company uses that Personal Information.
For purposes of this Notice, “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly with, a natural person that the Company may collect in connection with screening applicants for job openings at the Company.
- Identifiers and Professional or Employment-Related Information. The Company collects identifiers and professional or employment-related information, which may include some or all the following: real name, nickname or alias, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, membership in professional organizations, professional certifications, language skills, and current and past employment history. The Company collects this Personal Information to evaluate previous job performance and consider applicants for positions, to develop a talent pool and plan for succession, to conduct applicant surveys, to maintain an internal applicant directory and for purposes of identification, to promote the Company as a place to work, and for workforce reporting and data analytics/trend analysis.
- Personal Information Categories from Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e). The Company may collect categories of Personal Information listed in Cal. Civ. Code §1798.80(e), other than those already listed above, (a) to the extent necessary to comply with the Company’s legal obligations, such as to accommodate disabilities; (b) to conduct a direct threat analysis in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and state law; (c) for occupational health and safety compliance and record-keeping; and (d) to respond to an applicant’s medical emergency.
- Characteristics of Protected Classifications Under California or Federal Law. The Company may collect information about race, age, national origin, disability, sex, and veteran status as necessary to comply with legal obligations, including the reporting requirements of the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Act, the federal Office of Contracting Compliance Programs (applicable to government contractors), and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act. The Company collects this Personal Information for purposes including: to comply with Federal and California law related to accommodation. The Company also collects this category of Personal Information on a purely voluntary basis, except where required by law, and uses the information only in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Education Information. The Company collects education information such as resumes and graduation records. The Company collects this Personal Information to determine suitability for roles, to determine eligibility for training courses, and to assist with professional licensing.
- Profile Data. The Company may collect profile data, including the following: psychological assessments, behavior analyses, or other profiling of its applicants. The Company collects this Personal Information to determine aptitude for certain positions and job assignments as well.
- Background Screening Information. In the event that an applicant is given a formal job offer, the Company collects background screening information prior to hiring, including results of the following types of background screening: criminal history; sex offender registration; motor vehicle records; credit history; employment history; drug testing; and educational history. The Company collects this Personal Information to screen for risks to the Company and its clients, and continued suitability for their jobs and to evaluate applicants for promotions.
Assistance for Disabled Applicants
Alternative formats of this Notice are available to individuals with a disability. Please let us know if you need assistance.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.