Parent Engagement Coordinator *Unpaid, Intern Position
- Passion For Life, Inc., Atlanta, GEORGIA, United States
Passion for Life, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) organization. Our mission is to help students identify their passions and create a plan to turn their passions into rewarding careers. Passion for Life, Inc. was created to be a high energy and engaging process that helps students identify their passions and gain clarity on how to utilize their core strengths and talents to select a career.
Passion for Life, Inc. is seeking three individuals to serve as Parent Coordinators for the organization. In this role, the primary responsibility is to act as the liaison between the parents, Passion for Life, Inc. and our students.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. invitations, memos, letters, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Establish consistent and timely messaging to parents
- Create weekly and monthly communication calendar to parents
- Ensure parental forms are signed and processed
- Maintains ongoing updates of student profiles and coaching progress and information
- Assist with scheduling and facilitation of parent/coach meetings
- Participate and help coordinate parent involvement in onsite and offsite activities and field trips
- Help identify resources, as needed, to help parents in need
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields is preferred: Psychology, Counseling, Sociology, Social Work, or related human services field
- Will accept candidates currently pursuing a degree in the previously stated fields of study, but must be classified as a Junior or Senior
- Motivated to work with parents and students
- High energy, self-starter, highly motivated with high degree of flexibility.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to present ideas and information clearly.
- Extreme attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills.
- Great time management skills with the ability to pay attention to detail
- Collaborative team player able to integrate with a diverse team with various opinions and ideas.
Time Commitment: 10-15 hours a month