- 6100 Emmanuel Dr SW, Atlanta, GA 30336, USA
PartWorks is a division of PHX Holdings. We have been working on a proprietary technology for repairing corrosion on military aircraft for the past 4 years. We recently received multi-year funding to complete testing and commercialize our patent pending technology. This project is confidential and you will not find it on our website yet.
Reports to the President. Responsible for managing staff and subcontractors to design and develop aircraft corrosion repair solutions for both commercial and defense customers in support of the Company’s goals and objectives.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Manage government research and development contracts:
- Negotiate and Manage multi-year, multi-million dollar contracts with various government agencies.
- Identify, hire and source qualified team and subcontractors to deliver milestones on-time and under budget.
- Manage budgets in conformance with appropriate legal and regulatory requirements and consistent with company financial objectives.
- Utilize a combination of technical and project management skills to help direct investment and procurement of capacity and capability as well as manage process improvement.
- Manage the research development and testing processes and teams, including subcontractors as appropriate, to ensure conformance to contract requirements and to a successful conclusion supporting commercialization.
- Lead the product development process to assess process options and evaluate design for manufacturability
Manage development and commercialization of products and services to support company objectives:
- Develop coherent commercialization strategy including make vs outsource recommendations on all elements of products and services.
- Oversee and manage the design and installation of new cells/processes and continuous evaluation of existing equipment and subcontractor capabilities to ensure that both insourced and outsourced production capabilities are aligned with the company’s dynamic products processes and financial objectives.
- Evaluate process capabilities to ensure optimal quality and efficiency and by way of root cause analysis then develop, implement and validate permanent irreversible countermeasures.
Operate within Company Parameters:
- Communicate and liaise with other functional managers and executives so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs or operational development, and to ensure they are fully informed of process challenges and process improvements and changes.
- Ensure operational activities and management of equipment and materials are executed in a manner consistent with good stewardship
- Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organizational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care
- Execute all responsibilities according to lawful and ethical standards as established by company policies and procedures
Key Measures of Success:
- Project On-Time Delivery of Milestones
- Achievement of Project Objectives
- Time to Market for New Solutions
- Commercial Viability of Developed Solutions
- Minimum of Master’s degree required, in Aerospace, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related fields
- Minimum of 15+ years of experience in aerospace engineering, manufacturing engineering, fabrication management and/or operations of high-volume manufacturing
- Experience in airframe design, analysis, M&P, testing, repair
- Experience with fastening systems
- Experience managing DoD contracts
- Experience in commercial or military airframe technologies including life extension technology
- Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement through team building and process change
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-directed/organized, strong work ethic, positive attitude, works well in teams, results focused and accountable for actions
PartWorks offers a drug-free work place along with a competitive salary and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer (EEO), dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, age, sex, religion or national origin and in compliance with ADAAA.