Parker Wellbore helps energy companies accomplish their drilling and production goals efficiently, reliably, and safely. Our global team supports oil and gas operators with innovative land and offshore drilling services, premium rental tools and well services, and advanced operations and management support. Founded in 1934, Parker Wellbore helps customers manage their costs and mitigate their risks, to achieve their operational goals in a safe and efficient manner. With experience in both harsh-environment regions and complex drilling situations, you can trust Parker Wellbore to get the job done.
The Camp Maintenance Hand will perform all tasks and duties of a mechanical and preventative maintenance discipline as directed and within the scope of Parker Drilling’s safe-working practices. The Camp Maintenance Hand will be responsible for conducting moderately complex camp maintenance and repair work in the areas of carpentry, electrical, and other duties as assigned.
- Perform work in a safe manner following rules, regulations and guidelines
- Responsible for performing complex camp maintenance and repair work in the following areas:
- Carpentry, to include but not limited to: framing walls, framing and hanging windows and doors, repairs to furniture, trip, cabinetry and countertops, hanging and repairing drywall, and painting
- Electrical, to include but not limited to: resetting circuit breakers, replacing outlets and switches, replacing lamps and ballasts, and running heat trace
- Plumbing, to include but not limited to: unclogging drains, replacing fixtures, repairing leaks in water, gas and sewer lines in walls, under floors, and in ceilings, and repairing exposed leaks in water and waste lines
- HVAC, to include but not limited to: replacing filters, repairing leaks, relighting pilot lights, adjusting dampers/louvers/controls, and performing basic repairs of furnaces, air conditioners and ducting
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and facilities
- Monitor generators and water/waste systems for proper function
- Prepare and submit maintenance logs and daily reports
- Perform Task Hazard Analysis for work
- Assist with removing snow from doorways, walkways, containment areas, etc.
- Assist with keeping a clean and organized work site by organizing tools and materials, removing waste and debris, sweeping and mopping, as needed
- Maintain potable water tanks, waste water tanks, and lift stations
- Operates and services forklifts
- Expedite (lift/carry) items, up to 50 pounds on a routine basis
- Use hand tools to perform work tasks
- Other duties as assigned. Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed at any time at the discretion of your manager, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
- Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
- Must possess a High School diploma
- Must possess the necessary experience to safely and accurately perform the functions of the job.
- Must possess good reasoning ability.
- Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others.
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws, regulations and company’s safety policies.
- Initiating & Driving Change
- Result Focused
- Team Work
- Customer Focus
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to work around moving machinery
- Ability to perform under stress, under pressure, and/or in emergency situations.
- Wear personal protective equipment, including but not limited to hard hat, steel-toed safety shoes, hearing protection, respirators, safety glasses, goggles and full body harness.