Quality Supervisor I
Parker Wellbore helps energy companies accomplish their drilling and production goals efficiently, reliably, and safely. Our global team supports oil and gas operators with innovative land and offshore drilling services, premium rental tools and well services, and advanced operations and management support. Founded in 1934, Parker Wellbore helps customers manage their costs and mitigate their risks, to achieve their operational goals in a safe and efficient manner. With experience in both harsh-environment regions and complex drilling situations, you can trust Parker Wellbore to get the job done.
This position is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of quality and risk management initiatives. Contributes to Parker Drilling Integrated Management System (IMS) execution and risk management-related activities, including the facilitation of root cause analysis and making process improvement recommendations.
- Assist in the development of quality-related initiatives to support IMS, which includes the development of quality management policies and procedures.
- Design, implement and complete statistical analysis to support quality management in Microsoft Excel.
- Assist in the identification, tracking and support of risk that may impact current contracts.
- Assess quality management training needs and deliver training.
- Assist with the development of user training manuals and training plans for company risk and quality initiatives. May assist with training users and launching operating procedures related to quality and risk management.
- Provide routine briefings to the QA Manager on the status of quality monitoring and risk-related activities.
- Will be an audit team member and will ensure the audit process is valid and effective.
- Ensure that data for reporting Key Performance Indicators (KPI) is complete and accurate.
- Own and maintain the Lessons Learned database. Participate in the collection, review and distribution of Lessons Learned acquired from the Company’s different Business Units.
- Assist with corrective action follow-up.
- Assist with metrics reporting and problem solving.
- Abide by Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Training , Team Management, Audit Representation, Focusing on improvement Areas across the organization for a high performance culture.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree required.
- Must have at least 7 years of experience in quality assurance; energy industry is preferred.
- Working knowledge of systems based upon ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2204 and ISO/TS 29001:2010
- Must have ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality, accuracy and timeliness.
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
- Must have good PC skills to include all MS Office products with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
Additional qualifications, skills and abilities:
Prior experience to API /ISO/HSE Audits will be an added advantage.
- People Management
- Effective Communication
- Personal Accountability
- Flawless Execution
Physical demands and work environment:
- Ability to work around moving machinery
- Ability to walk on uneven ground (gravel, rocks, mounds, ice)
- Ability to ascend and descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, and/or ramps while carrying tools requiring a reasonable degree of physical stamina and agility and involving moderate to severe physical exertion
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.