Parker Wellbore helps energy companies accomplish their drilling and production goals efficiently, reliably, and safely. Our global team supports oil and gas operators with innovative land and offshore drilling services, premium rental tools and well services, and advanced operations and management support. Founded in 1934, Parker Wellbore helps customers manage their costs and mitigate their risks, to achieve their operational goals in a safe and efficient manner. With experience in both harsh-environment regions and complex drilling situations, you can trust Parker Wellbore to get the job done.
The SCR Electrician position performs all tasks and duties of an electrical discipline including but not limited to, installing or maintaining the variable speed /SCR drives, electrical wiring on miscellaneous equipment including but not limited to, generators, air conditioning, refrigeration, and alarm systems. The position is responsible for all drilling and support equipment pertaining to the drilling of the well, including but not limited to, circulating, rotating, hoisting and well control systems.
- Provide visible leadership with a Total Ownership attitude. Owns safety standards
- Enforce, clarify, and follow Company policies, standards, and procedures.
- Support the HSE objective of no injuries, accidents or harm to the environment as it relates to all electrical processes, procedures, and policies.
- Promote operational excellence through procedural discipline.
- Delegate work effectively with a clear definition of requirements and expectations.
- Supervise and ensure the safety of those working under direct supervision.
- Comply with emergency response plan or Work Safe Procedures during emergencies and/ or drills.
- Responsible for morale and order within crew.
- Ensure Authorized To Operate (ATO) and Approved Competent Operator (ACO) are applied and followed.
- Understand LO/TO and Permit to Work procedures.
- Download and Upload PLC programs.
- Troubleshoot control logics with PLC’s based control.
- Read and analyze PLC Control Logics.
- Troubleshoot and analyze VFD control logics.
- Splice wire with approved cutting device or cutting pliers and soldiers’ connections to fixtures, outlets and equipment.
- Test circuit connections using electrical test equipment.
- Install test and maintain electrical equipment such as air conditioning, heating and refrigeration equipment.
- Respond to emergencies as requested and coordinate onsite activities to utilize resources to facilitate repairs in the most expedient and cost effective manner.
- Install and repair lighting systems.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Repair electrical equipment such as panel lighting, circuit breakers, junction boxes, voltage regulators and reverse current relays.
- Fabricate and install electrical distribution panels for motor start and operations.
- Fabricate, install and maintain alarm and video system.
- Install, calibrate and maintain gas detection equipment.
- Maintain a preventative maintenance schedule for all electrical equipment.
- Read and analyze electrical drawings, schematics and equipment manuals.
- Repair or replace defective or worn electrical parts.
- Troubleshoot miscellaneous electrical equipment.
- Foresee potential equipment malfunctions or failures and preforms required repairs, adjustments or modification to resolve the problem.
- Coordinate with Maintenance Manager on the maintenance, repair and refurbishment of equipment.
- Create Job requests and work orders as required and enter into maintenance tracking system
- Ensure an adequate amount of spare parts are on hand at all times.
- Submit requisitions to Rig Manager for approval.
- Maintain records of all electrical inventories and place orders as required within budgetary limits.
- Perform additional duties, responsibilities, and special projects as may be directed.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
- Must possess and maintain certifications and licenses necessary as required by the appropriate regulatory authorities.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in basic rigger’s role to ensure safe lifting operations are performed.
- Knowledgeable of electrical systems and be skilled at working with hand and power tools.
- Must possess mathematical skills required for certification as an Electrician.
- Should have good PC skills to include all MS Office products.
- Must have proficient knowledge of diagnostic equipment.
- Must be a self-motivator and work without close supervision.
- Must be able to prioritize jobs and work under tight time restraints.
- Can demonstrate knowledge and fundamentals of the following equipment: o Drilling controls system o Power generation system o Power transformers o AC/DC motor application and drive systems o System components o Refrigeration and air conditioning
- Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of him/her or others.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills, good common sense and have the ability to follow directions.
- Must be able to recognize hazards, alarms, warnings and the ability to convey these to the proper personnel.
- Should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Should have good verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate in with staff, management, customers and vendors.
- Must be experienced in the control of VFDs (Conversion side as well as the Inversion side).
- Must be experienced in electronically controlled engines.
- Must be experienced in Conventional Generator control devices and control.
- Education, experience, and certifications: o High School diploma is preferred. o Must be able to obtain appropriate offshore or, onshore certifications o Should have at least 7 years of work experience in maintaining electrical equipment.
- Initiating & Driving Change
- Result Focused
- Team Work
- Customer Focus
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- Ability to work around moving machinery
- Ability to perform under stress, under pressure, and/or in emergency situations.
- Lift, carry, and move objects of up to 50 pounds.
- Operate machinery and/or power tools.
- Ability to walk on uneven ground (gravel, rocks, mounds, ice)
- Wear personal protective equipment, including but not limited to hard hat, steel-toed safety shoes, hearing protection, respirators, safety glasses, goggles and full body harness.
- Frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull, reach, and use repetitive wrist and hand movements.
- Ability to ascend and descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, and/or ramps while carrying tools requiring a reasonable degree of physical stamina and agility and involving moderate to severe physical exertion
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions (Cold or Heat)
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Ability to work in hazardous conditions (dust/gas/fumes/steam/chemicals)
- Ability to work at heights (scaffolding or ladders)
- Sit/stand while performing primarily sedentary work
- Use repetitive wrist, hand or finger movements at a computer.
- Exposure to vibration (oscillating movements of the extremities or whole body)
- Ability to work in noisy environments
- Ability to work in small and/or enclosed spaces
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.
Parker Wellbore provides equal opportunity for all people and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If an applicant has a disability, the applicant may request accommodations when needed to enable that person to perform their essential job functions or to allow that person to participate in employment.