Parker Wellbore helps energy companies accomplish their drilling and production goals efficiently, reliably, and safely. Our global team supports oil and gas operators with innovative land and offshore drilling services, premium rental tools and well services, and advanced operations and management support. Founded in 1934, Parker Wellbore helps customers manage their costs and mitigate their risks, to achieve their operational goals in a safe and efficient manner. With experience in both harsh-environment regions and complex drilling situations, you can trust Parker Wellbore to get the job done.
This position will assist the Accounting Department in financial analysis and creating timely and accurate financial statements.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Process month-end, quarter-end and year-end journal entries.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year–end financial reports showing operating performance.
- Process, or support, daily cash transactions.
- Process, or support, accounts receivable cash applications.
- Exhibit friendly, positive and team-like behavior.
- Abide by Company policies and procedures.
- Prepare periodically required Government Reports.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have High School Diploma.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is preferred.
- Should have at least 2 years of work experience.
- Must be capable of working in a team environment.
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
- Must be able to operate a 10 key by touch and type 40+ WPM.
- Must have good PC skills to include all MS Office products with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Must be knowledgeable of GAAP.
- Must be proficient with data upload processes.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
- Initiating & Driving Change
- Result Focused
- Team Work
- Customer Focus
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to perform under stress, under pressure, and/or in emergency situations.
- Carry up to 10 lbs.