Service Technician 2
A TRS Technician is responsible for safely and professionally operating casing running equipment at various rig/field sites, and providing maintenance and repair to company’s equipment to keep it in working condition and in compliance with manufacturer’s and company’s quality standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the basics and functionality of Tubular Running Service (TRS) Manual Handling Equipment, Power Equipment, Bucking Units and Thread Monitoring Systems as it applies to the assigned business segment.
- Handle and operate casing running equipment, including: casing running tools, power tongs, elevators, power slips, control panels, and hydraulic power units.
- Work with hand tools and operate hydraulically activated equipment
- Rig up, run, and rig down various components on a drilling rig.
- Communicate clearly and professionally with all rig, customer, and Parker Wellbore personnel.
- Act as trainer for Service Technicians I
- Prepare delivery tickets, job reports, time-sheets, and other administrative forms
- Independently test, operate, maintain, and trouble shoot company equipment and tools
- Maintain a safe working environment by wearing personal protective equipment (PPE), checking the tools and equipment, keeping the work area neat, organized and free of hazards, and following Parker Wellbore Life Saving Rules, as well as location-specific and customer QHSSE Policies and Procedures.
- Accountable for safe operation of all Parker Wellbore equipment.
- Ensuring the highest standard of workmanship produced is in accordance with the company expectations and as per customer, regulatory standards and specification.
- Reporting hazards on location, with equipment and other work place, or short comings in the existing controls, to a superior without delay.
- Make recommendations for the safe execution of the job and report any unsafe acts, near misses, or incidents.
- Attend all customer and Parker Wellbore QHSSE meetings, safety training, equipment training, and medical checks as required
- Obtain required authorization and/or training before undertaking any task
- Support continual improvement of the integrated management system by expressing better and safer ways to perform tasks and improve policies and procedures.
- When on stand-by, stay in contact with the Operations Supervisor and coordinate further actions
- Other tasks requested by the TRS Lead or Field Service Supervisor.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Qualifications in Mechanical or Electronic Applications or past experience in rig operations
- Mechanical aptitude and a working knowledge of hydraulic and mechanical/electronic systems.
- 3-4 years of relevant experience with mechanical, electronic, hydraulic equipment or similar experience in rig operations.
- Working knowledge of tubular handling equipment, including: casing running tools, power tongs, elevators, power slips, control panels, and hydraulic power units.
- Must possess the ability to work with hand tools and operate hydraulically activated equipment.
- Must possess the ability to rig up, run, and rig down various components on a drilling rig.
- Fast learner, results oriented, strong interpersonal skills, works cooperatively with others and independently as directed by supervisor.
- Good customer service skills.
- Must have the ability to adapt positively to changes in policies, procedures and priorities, or work environments.
- Initiating & Driving Change
- Result Focused
- Team Work
- Customer Focus
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to work around moving machinery
- Ability to perform under stress, under pressure, and/or in emergency situations.
- Ability to walk on uneven ground (gravel, rocks, mounds, ice)
- Ability to ascend and descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, and/or ramps while carrying tools requiring a reasonable degree of physical stamina and agility and involving moderate to severe physical exertion