Drilling Operations Manager
- Region Gas Project Building 2nd Floor, Aksai, Kazakhstan
This position is responsible for leading the strategic and commercial development of the Drilling Rigs Product Line to include, but not limited to, the daily business operations and maintenance, QHSE compliance for staff and operations, contracts, and the efficiency and quality of overall drilling project(s).
- Responsible for leading and enforcing the Company’s QHSE commitment in accordance with Company’s IMS.
- Accountable for Down Time, daily maintenance cost, and other KPIs of the Drilling Rigs Product Line. Analyze customer satisfaction levels
- Maintain and seek to improve the P&L by identifying costs optimizations and opportunities.
- Oversee the day-to-day area drilling operations.
- Maintain assets and records in accordance with Company policies.
- Ensure that premium standards are maintained on all rigs in line with Contract obligations, good oilfield practice and Company policy while remaining in line with budget objectives. This includes the maintenance of all Company assets.
- Control the activities of the support areas corresponding to Operations, analyzing inventory levels, fixed assets and supervising their proper use and maintenance, as well as logistics and billing activities, in order to guarantee compliance with procedures and policies of the company.
- Develop and maintain local relationships (customer, vendors, and government) critical to the success of the operation.
- Coordinate all rig and equipment movement.
- Lead employee development, training efforts and succession planning.
- Assist contract personnel in preparing bids, negotiates day rates and settlements with operators.
- Responsible for the correct report of the daily revenue according to the contract. Must also negotiate with operative leaders of the client in search of maximizing revenue.
- Prepares capital expenditure budgets for his Product Line.
- Review, approve and submit CAPEX requests for equipment, materials and spare parts to corporate office and coordinate shipment once approved.
- Initiate and participate in training and development of rig personnel in proper work related activities coordinated with Rig Superintendent and Rig Managers, set-up with in-house technical training department, safety department and outside agencies.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
- Must have prior experience as a Rig Manager, Rig Superintendent, Field Superintendent or Area Superintendent.
- Should have at least 10 years of work experience in drilling operations.
- Should have experience supervising others.
- Capacity to work effectively under pressure in ambiguous and complex situations.
- Ability to work independently with multiple people at many levels and work as part of a team.
- Professional relationship and interpersonal skills with strong customer service attitude.
- Excellent time management skills to prioritize and manage multiple requests from various avenues, and the ability to change direction in response to fluctuating circumstances.
- Able to problem solve.
- Be a self-motivator and work without close supervision.
- Prioritize jobs and work under tight time constraints.
- Being multi-lingual is preferred.
- Intercultural Awareness Understands, leverages and respects cultural differences, languages, customs and manners on the ground. Has the ability to be flexible, adaptable and agile in foreign environments.
- Business Acumen Business Acumen is understanding how our businesses generate profits and competitive advantage after weighing foreseeable risks. It requires knowledge of how technical and functional roles contribute to and impact bottom-line results. Specifically, it's knowing what business, financial and operational conditions must exist for Parker to maximize profits, without undue risk. Business acumen requires savviness of market practices and industry tactics to assess and determine when the outcome of a decision will result in added value for the organization.
- Building Effective Teams Promotes followership; encourages team members to share knowledge; values contributions of all teammates; shares wins and successes; creates positive morale and spirit.
Physical demands and work environment
- Oversee and manage the overall quality of projects and/or employee performance.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- Ability to perform under stress, under pressure, and/or in emergency situations.
- Carry up to 10 lbs.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Sit/stand while performing primarily sedentary work
- Use repetitive wrist, hand or finger movements at a computer.