Oracle Applications Developer
- 2103 CityWest Blvd., Suite 400, Houston, TX
The Systems Analyst is responsible for the analysis, design, code, test and deployment of business application software programs and other peripheral applications. This Position is also responsible for supporting other peripheral applications. This position will report to Lead Systems Analyst.
- Provide application operational support, process support, release management support and user acceptance support.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of technical documentation, user documentation and process guidelines.
- Support and maintain all existing corporate applications and application-hosting providers.
- Provide on-call support.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor/ Manager.
- Code and develop software specifications, scripts, reports and utilities using SQL , PL/SQL, BI Publisher, OAF, Workflow Builder and Unix Shell Scripting.
- Design and develop stored procedures, functions and triggers in PL/SQL to implement complex business rules.
- Maintain and enforce SQL and PL/SQL development coding standards and best practices. •Generate, deploy and invoke web services.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related technical field.
- 3 - 5 years of extensive software development, analysis and design.
- Experience with CVS or other version source code control programs.
- Strong leadership skills and a dedication to achieving business outcomes and project deadlines.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate and build rapport with team members, business stakeholders, third party hosting providers using various techniques and collaboration channels.
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts, incorporate innovations and stay up to date with industry / business directions.
- Must be capable of working in a team environment.
- Must have excellent presentation skills.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
Additional qualifications, skills and abilities
- 3+ years of experience on Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) R12.
- Experience with Oracle R12 Application modules. Having HCM technical knowledge is a plus.
- PL/SQL, SQL, Forms, Designer, Workflow, SQL Navigator, SQL Loader, Oracle stored procedures, functions and packages, UNIX(AIX, LINUX and Solaris), Scripting, TOAD, Oracle Application Server, Oracle Reports, XML Publisher, EiS, Crystal Reports, OBIEE, ODI.
- Experience with Web ADI, developing inbound/outbound interfaces.
- Initiating & Driving Change • Acts as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change • Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions • Creates work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation • Drives step changes in how the company operates • Understands how to change and addresses not only systems and processes, but also cultural aspects of change • Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market • Develops a change strategy that includes milestones and timelines • Accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives • Understands and supports the need for change • Envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process • Provides direction and focus during the change process • Helps to generate support of the changes throughout the organization • Identifies and enlists allies who support the change process • Provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change
- Result Focused • Establishes clear, specific performance goals, expectations, and priorities • Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully • Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers • Very bottom-line oriented • Steadfastly pushes self and others for results • Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles • Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties • Develops a sense of urgency in others to complete tasks • Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time • Challenges him- or herself and others to raise the bar on performance • Focuses people on critical activities that yield a high impact • Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results on time and within budget (e.g., models high work standards and demands the same from others)
- Team Work • Blends people into teams when they are needed • Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team • Shares wins and successes • Fosters open dialogue • Lets people finish and be responsible for their work • Seeks consensus among diverse viewpoints as a means of building group commitment • Defines success in terms of the whole team • Creates a feeling of belonging in the team • Values the contributions of all team members • Creates an environment that encourages open communication amongst team members • Creates an environment that encourages collective problem solving amongst team members
- Customer Focus • Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers • Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to understand customers' business issues and needs for improvements in products and services • Acts with customer in mind • Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect • Genuinely enjoys working with customers to build long-term partnerships • Creates a sense of customer focus throughout their team/ department/ business unit
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- N/A - Not Applicable
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Sit/stand while performing primarily sedentary work
- Use repetitive wrist, hand or finger movements at a computer.
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Parker Drilling provides equal opportunity for all people and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If an applicant has a disability, the applicant may request accommodations when needed to enable that person to perform their essential job functions or to allow that person to participate in employment.