Payroll Specialist (Contract)
- 2103 CityWest Blvd., Suite 400, Houston, TX
- Prepares and compiles payroll data such as hours worked, taxes, withholdings and PTO employee records.
- Process bi-weekly payroll and off-cycles for US locations.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Record and process payments for garnishments orders.
- Audit employee time cards.
- Complete federal/state required reporting.
- Verify compliance with each state's varying labor laws.
- Reviews employee events such as new hires, salary changes, terminations, etc. and record them in the system for proper processing.
- Work closely with Human Resources for data reconciliation.
- Support audit activities for the team.
- Follow and maintain process flow and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) documents.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
- 2+ years of recent Experience with Oracle HR/payroll systems is required.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- CPP preferred but not required.
- 5+ years’ experience processing multi-state payroll.
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations.
- Must have proven PC skills including proficiency in Excel .
- Great work ethic and team player.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a time sensitive, fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
- Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Must have ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality, accuracy, timeliness and attention to detail.
Additional qualifications, skills and abilities
- Initiating & Driving Change • Acts as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change • Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions • Creates work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation • Drives step changes in how the company operates • Understands how to change and addresses not only systems and processes, but also cultural aspects of change • Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market • Develops a change strategy that includes milestones and timelines • Accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives • Understands and supports the need for change • Envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process • Provides direction and focus during the change process • Helps to generate support of the changes throughout the organization • Identifies and enlists allies who support the change process • Provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change
- Result Focused • Establishes clear, specific performance goals, expectations, and priorities • Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully • Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers • Very bottom-line oriented • Steadfastly pushes self and others for results • Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles • Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties • Develops a sense of urgency in others to complete tasks • Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time • Challenges him- or herself and others to raise the bar on performance • Focuses people on critical activities that yield a high impact • Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results on time and within budget (e.g., models high work standards and demands the same from others)
- Team Work • Blends people into teams when they are needed • Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team • Shares wins and successes • Fosters open dialogue • Lets people finish and be responsible for their work • Seeks consensus among diverse viewpoints as a means of building group commitment • Defines success in terms of the whole team • Creates a feeling of belonging in the team • Values the contributions of all team members • Creates an environment that encourages open communication amongst team members • Creates an environment that encourages collective problem solving amongst team members
- Customer Focus • Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers • Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to understand customers' business issues and needs for improvements in products and services • Acts with customer in mind • Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect • Genuinely enjoys working with customers to build long-term partnerships • Creates a sense of customer focus throughout their team/ department/ business unit
Physical demands and work environment
- N/A - Not Applicable
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Sit/stand while performing primarily sedentary work
- Use repetitive wrist, hand or finger movements at a computer.
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Parker Drilling provides equal opportunity for all people and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If an applicant has a disability, the applicant may request accommodations when needed to enable that person to perform their essential job functions or to allow that person to participate in employment.