- 2103 CityWest Blvd., Suites 300-400, Houston, TX
As a member of the Infrastructure Team, the network Engineer I is responsible for network architecture, engineering, operations, security, and troubleshooting of the existing network and system environments while providing support for a variety of hardware and software systems.
• Researches, recommends, implements and maintains infrastructure technology including, but not limited to server administration, WAN/LAN hardware and other enterprise systems that support the company’s infrastructure architecture around the world.
• Establish, maintain and support the entire local network (i.e., from cisco switches to structured cabling, to desktops to servers) to ensure it is functioning properly and optimally.
• Working with various manufacturers’ hardware and standards including but not limited to: Cisco, Riverbed, ForeScout, Nimble/HPe.
• Configuration, management and monitoring of voice, data, security, and other devices.
• Participates in the evaluation of network related hardware/software products, VoIP and satellite communication systems and upgrades.
• Understanding of TCP/IP.
• Experience with internetworking technologies (routing and switching), TCP, and application architecture.
• Knowledge of network monitoring tools (Cisco SourceFire, ForeScout, Riverbed Cascade/Netprofiler, NetQoS, NetIQ, NetVoyant, NetBrain, NetOptics, WireShark).
• Manage server operating systems (Windows AD 2008R2/2012/2016/2019) and various network applications and monitoring software (such as SCOM, Solarwinds) when needed. Apply service packs or hot-fixes to various network applications and core operating systems.
• Analyzes service options, infrastructure (voice and data networks and servers) configurations and ongoing support requirements to determine lowest cost of operation.
• Establish, implement and maintain WINS, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, and all other network server globally.
• Serve as an advisor for infrastructure or desktop projects that require technical know-how or may have implications to core infrastructure requirements.
• Support core infrastructure applications such as Microsoft Exchange, Citrix, VMWare, Nimble Storage, Veeam.
• Willing to acquire in-depth knowledge of network- and host security technologies and products (such as firewalls, Network IDS, scanners) and continuously improve these skills.
• Participate in the planning and deployment of technical security controls including firewalls, network intrusion detection and intrusion protection.
• Proven troubleshooting skills (LAN/WAN, Internet, packet capture utilities (e.g. Sniffer), servers, clients, and applications.
• Serve as an escalation point for the Service Desk Team for issues outside of their purview.
• Monitor the IT Service Management system for new support requests and fulfill accordingly, or assign to an appropriate team member.
• Exert knowledge of network monitoring tools (Cisco SourceFire, ForeScout, Riverbed Cascade/Netprofiler, NetQoS, NetIQ, NetVoyant, Gigastor, NetBrain, NetOptics, WireShark). • Support core infrastructure such as Microsoft Exchange, Citrix, VMWare, Nimble storage, Veeam, Office 365, and Azure.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
• Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience designing, implementing, and supporting internetworking environments.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Visio, Access, and Outlook).
• Ability to multi-task and successfully work within high-pressure, fast-paced environments.
• Customer service oriented with proficient written and verbal communication skills.
• Professional with strong leadership skills.
• Extensive hands-on experience troubleshooting internetwork and application solutions.
• CCNA/CCNP Certification preferred.
• Solid cloud experience, preferably Office 365/Azure.
• Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
• Professional with strong collaboration skills.
• Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Initiating & Driving Change • Acts as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change • Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions • Creates work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation • Drives step changes in how the company operates • Understands how to change and addresses not only systems and processes, but also cultural aspects of change • Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market • Develops a change strategy that includes milestones and timelines • Accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives • Understands and supports the need for change • Envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process • Provides direction and focus during the change process • Helps to generate support of the changes throughout the organization • Identifies and enlists allies who support the change process • Provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change
- Result Focused • Establishes clear, specific performance goals, expectations, and priorities • Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully • Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers • Very bottom-line oriented • Steadfastly pushes self and others for results • Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles • Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties • Develops a sense of urgency in others to complete tasks • Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time • Challenges him- or herself and others to raise the bar on performance • Focuses people on critical activities that yield a high impact • Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results on time and within budget (e.g., models high work standards and demands the same from others)
- Team Work • Blends people into teams when they are needed • Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team • Shares wins and successes • Fosters open dialogue • Lets people finish and be responsible for their work • Seeks consensus among diverse viewpoints as a means of building group commitment • Defines success in terms of the whole team • Creates a feeling of belonging in the team • Values the contributions of all team members • Creates an environment that encourages open communication amongst team members • Creates an environment that encourages collective problem solving amongst team members
- Customer Focus • Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers • Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to understand customers' business issues and needs for improvements in products and services • Acts with customer in mind • Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect • Genuinely enjoys working with customers to build long-term partnerships • Creates a sense of customer focus throughout their team/ department/ business unit
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- N/A - Not Applicable
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Use repetitive wrist, hand or finger movements at a computer.
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.
Parker Drilling corporate headquarter employees are not required to obtain a vaccine against COVID-19, except as a pre-condition to physically working in the corporate office. Please note this position will be required to work in the corporate office at least some of the time. Proof of vaccination will be verified during the onboarding process, and Parker Drilling will not maintain vaccination records. As required by applicable law, Parker will provide reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities, for the known religious practices of all qualified individuals, and on any other basis as required by state or federal law. Any applicant who believes he or she requires an accommodation should contact the Human Resources Department and request such an accommodation, including what type of accommodation needed in order to perform the essential functions of the job. We will work together to determine if a reasonable accommodation is available. All accommodation requests will be treated as confidential.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Parker Drilling provides equal opportunity for all people and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If an applicant has a disability, the applicant may request accommodations when needed to enable that person to perform their essential job functions or to allow that person to participate in employment.