This role will track, measure and analyze Occupational Health, Safety, Environmental and Sustainability performance of the global organization.
- Support sites in achieving HSE targets with the ultimate goal of zero incidents by analyzing Incident Reports and ensuring PDCA/CAPA is timely implemented.
- Track and analyze HSE&S data/metrics (logging/leading Indicators) and KPIs and provide meaningful interpretation to reduce hazards and risks.
- Use established HSE&S Management system and data processing system to manage data related to injuries/illnesses/incidents, environmental and sustainability metrics, action items and other pertinent metrics.
- Work with site HSE Managers, or others responsible, to ensure all key HSE controls are in place.
- Coordinate Workers Compensation (WC) claims review and develop strong alignment between WC and Incident Management.
- Work with Corp HSE director to complete quarterly and annual evaluations of global HSE&S performance across global locations.
- Maintain the Corp HSE SharePoint site and Dashboards.
- Facilitate HSE engagement through teams and committees needed to meet corporate and operational HSE objectives and targets.
- Provide support for incident investigations to determine root causes and facilitate preparation of corrective actions plans.
- Assist US locations in audit, evaluations, hazard and risk assessments and regulatory compliance.
- Coordinate and manage the Company’s Sustainability program and the development of annual CSR Report.
- Provide HSE&S inputs for RFPs.
- Follow all Company policy and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
- Bachelors Degree 3 years of direct HSE experience To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physical/biological science or engineering from an accredited institution is required
- 3 years of direct HSE experience
- Strong planning and organization skills with “can-do” attitude
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing diverse, global company with matrix organizational structure
- Excellent communication and facilitating skills
- Strong computer literacy
- In depth knowledge of Oil and Gas Operational hazards, risk assessments and development of risk reducing solutions
- Strong analytical and computational skills related to tracking, analyzing and interpreting HSE&S metrics and KPIs
- Strong skills related to data management skills using existing systems; maintaining HSE e-site and dashboards
- Good understanding of HSE regulations and standards and principles of sustainability principles
Additional qualifications, skills and abilities
- Additional formal training/education in management courses (For example: ISO-45001/NEBOSH General Certificate)
- Initiating & Driving Change • Acts as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change • Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions • Creates work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation • Drives step changes in how the company operates • Understands how to change and addresses not only systems and processes, but also cultural aspects of change • Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market • Develops a change strategy that includes milestones and timelines • Accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives • Understands and supports the need for change • Envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process • Provides direction and focus during the change process • Helps to generate support of the changes throughout the organization • Identifies and enlists allies who support the change process • Provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change
- Result Focused • Establishes clear, specific performance goals, expectations, and priorities • Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully • Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers • Very bottom-line oriented • Steadfastly pushes self and others for results • Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles • Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties • Develops a sense of urgency in others to complete tasks • Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time • Challenges him- or herself and others to raise the bar on performance • Focuses people on critical activities that yield a high impact • Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results on time and within budget (e.g., models high work standards and demands the same from others)
- Team Work • Blends people into teams when they are needed • Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team • Shares wins and successes • Fosters open dialogue • Lets people finish and be responsible for their work • Seeks consensus among diverse viewpoints as a means of building group commitment • Defines success in terms of the whole team • Creates a feeling of belonging in the team • Values the contributions of all team members • Creates an environment that encourages open communication amongst team members • Creates an environment that encourages collective problem solving amongst team members
- Customer Focus • Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers • Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to understand customers' business issues and needs for improvements in products and services • Acts with customer in mind • Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect • Genuinely enjoys working with customers to build long-term partnerships • Creates a sense of customer focus throughout their team/ department/ business unit
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to work around moving machinery
- Ability to perform under stress, under pressure, and/or in emergency situations.
- Ability to walk on uneven ground (gravel, rocks, mounds, ice)
- Wear personal protective equipment, including but not limited to hard hat, steel-toed safety shoes, hearing protection, respirators, safety glasses, goggles and full body harness.
- Ability to ascend and descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, and/or ramps while carrying tools requiring a reasonable degree of physical stamina and agility and involving moderate to severe physical exertion
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Ability to work in noisy environments
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.