HR Business Partner
- 2103 CityWest Blvd., Suite 400, Houston, TX
- Provide guidance, advice and coaching to field group leaders on the full spectrum of core human resources services, policies and practices and employee relations matters.
- Facilitate new programs, policies, and solutions to support field needs and ensure consistent and appropriate implementation.
- Provide coaching and guidance to field management and employees to effectively address workplace issues as well as lead and assist in special projects as the business dictates.
- Develop and implement practical solutions and initiatives.
- Partner with site management in the development and implementation of strategies that support the development, engagement and retention of employees.
- Work closely with Sr. Human Resources Manager to identify areas of opportunity and provide solutions to enhance the employee experience.
- Provide new employees with information to orient them to the Company.
- Work with Sr. Human Resources Manager to develop and implement a succession planning process for the field offices to include building training and development plans that will assist site based employees by enhancing their performance in their current role and preparing them for future roles within the Company.
- Provide personal leadership that supports the Company’s safe and respectful workplace.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends in the development of employment, recruiting, compensation, employee relations and benefit programs.
- Abide by Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources is required.
- Should have at least 5 years work experience in Human Resources administration.
- PHR or SPHR is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of window based HRIS system.
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
- Must have broad and in-depth knowledge of federal and state laws governing Human Resources.
- Must be objective and capable of making difficult decisions and relaying the message to staff in a professional manner.
- Must have good PC skills to include all MS Office products with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
Additional qualifications, skills and abilities
- People Management Provides team with a clear sense of direction and objectives; creates a stable and re-assuring work atmosphere; supports employment development through coaching, Highly integrated with strategic talent management processes including performance management, succession planning, talent development, and engagement/retention, etc. Get results through people.
- Effective Communication Communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; listens attentively and objectively.
- Personal Accountability Demonstrates enthusiasm for and commitment to the position and accepts responsibility for personal actions. Takes pride in the job. Actively engages in professional self-development opportunities. Demonstrates professionalism and emotional intelligence across situations.
- Flawless Execution Clearly defines priorities and objectives. Uses a systematic approach with commitment and determination to achieve high quality results. Capably leads the business day-to-day and evaluates the risks and rewards new opportunities present.
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- N/A - Not Applicable
- Carry up to 10 lbs.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Sit/stand while performing primarily sedentary work
- Use repetitive wrist, hand or finger movements at a computer.
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Parker Drilling provides equal opportunity for all people and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If an applicant has a disability, the applicant may request accommodations when needed to enable that person to perform their essential job functions or to allow that person to participate in employment.