Oracle SCM Business Analyst
- 2103 CityWest Blvd., Suite 400, Houston, TX
The Business Analyst III is responsible for the support, maintenance and configuration of Oracle applications and other peripheral applications. This position will report to Sr. IT Applications Manager.
- Provide Oracle subject matter expertise to assist the users and IT team in supporting Parker Drilling’s Oracle E-Business Suite.
- Understand business problems, processes and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
- Provide Oracle applications support and guidance ensuring daily operations are running smoothly, which includes troubleshooting, resolving issues, training, documentation and tracking of tickets within the support ticketing queue.
- Support users in critical processes.
- Collaborate with Users, Development team, other BAs and any involved vendors in the planning, design, development and deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Create test plans, test cases, test scripts and perform functional testing working with end users and Development team.
- Review and maintain existing configurations/setups and make corrections and changes as needed with adequate documentation.
- Interact effortlessly with business user community to determine and document new functional or technical requirements, to work with other IT professionals to implement solutions.
- Develop new reporting solutions to streamline business processes through the use of Oracle Reports & EIS Reports.
- Develop training materials including work instructions and process maps as required by the Business / IT Teams.
- Provide super users with additional training regarding Oracle EBS and business best practices.
- Work with 3rd Party Oracle Support for standard functionality issue resolutions & patches.
- Coordinate integration testing, user acceptance testing, training and documentation.
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve and generate innovative solutions in conjunction with customers, vendors, and Information Technology.
- Follow Company standards, policies and support processes.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor / Manager.
- Provide Oracle SCM, EAM & Manufacturing subject matter expertise.
- Responsible for the support, maintenance, and configuration of Oracle E-Business Suite applications for SCM, EAM & Manufacturing Modules.
- Responsible for supporting other peripheral applications used to supplement Oracle EBS.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology or Business related degree or relevant significant work experience.
- Minimum of 4 – 6 years hands-on experience in Implementing/ Supporting Oracle modules.
- Working knowledge of global oilfield services processes and applications including operations, supply chain, human resources and financial functions.
- Strong technical understanding of Oracle’s tables and dataflows, Workflows, PL/SQL, 3rd Party Interfaces preferred.
- Understand business needs and interpret, communicate and implement technical solutions to fulfil those needs.
- Knowledge of the agile method preferred.
- Strong SDLC experience with exposure to Oracle AIM methodologies preferred.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while managing time in a proficient and effective manner.
- Possess the functional, technical and analytical abilities sufficient for the support and configuration of Oracle applications, including experience with Oracle workflows, personalization, interfaces and extensions.
- Must have analytical/problem solving skills in order to be able to gather, sort and analyze data to develop logical conclusions.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate with colleagues, management, and vendors.
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
- Must be capable of working in a team environment.
Additional qualifications, skills and abilities
- 4 – 6 years hands-on experience in Implementing/ Supporting Oracle SCM, EAM & Manufacturing modules (PO, iProcurement, iSupplier, Sourcing, INV, CST, EAM, QA, WIP, BOM, OM).
- Working knowledge on Oracle Financials & Projects modules preferred.
- Multi-Currency & Multi-Organization Knowledge and be well versed in supporting SCM and EAM modules across multiple countries.
- Initiating & Driving Change • Acts as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change • Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions • Creates work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation • Drives step changes in how the company operates • Understands how to change and addresses not only systems and processes, but also cultural aspects of change • Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market • Develops a change strategy that includes milestones and timelines • Accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives • Understands and supports the need for change • Envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process • Provides direction and focus during the change process • Helps to generate support of the changes throughout the organization • Identifies and enlists allies who support the change process • Provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change
- Result Focused • Establishes clear, specific performance goals, expectations, and priorities • Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully • Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers • Very bottom-line oriented • Steadfastly pushes self and others for results • Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles • Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties • Develops a sense of urgency in others to complete tasks • Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time • Challenges him- or herself and others to raise the bar on performance • Focuses people on critical activities that yield a high impact • Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results on time and within budget (e.g., models high work standards and demands the same from others)
- Team Work • Blends people into teams when they are needed • Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team • Shares wins and successes • Fosters open dialogue • Lets people finish and be responsible for their work • Seeks consensus among diverse viewpoints as a means of building group commitment • Defines success in terms of the whole team • Creates a feeling of belonging in the team • Values the contributions of all team members • Creates an environment that encourages open communication amongst team members • Creates an environment that encourages collective problem solving amongst team members
- Customer Focus • Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers • Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to understand customers' business issues and needs for improvements in products and services • Acts with customer in mind • Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect • Genuinely enjoys working with customers to build long-term partnerships • Creates a sense of customer focus throughout their team/ department/ business unit
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- N/A - Not Applicable
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Sit/stand while performing primarily sedentary work
- Use repetitive wrist, hand or finger movements at a computer.
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.
Parker Drilling corporate headquarter employees are not required to obtain a vaccine against COVID-19, except as a pre-condition to physically working in the corporate office. Please note this position will be required to work in the corporate office at least some of the time. Proof of vaccination will be verified during the onboarding process, and Parker Drilling will not maintain vaccination records. As required by applicable law, Parker will provide reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities, for the known religious practices of all qualified individuals, and on any other basis as required by state or federal law. Any applicant who believes he or she requires an accommodation should contact the Human Resources Department and request such an accommodation, including what type of accommodation needed in order to perform the essential functions of the job. We will work together to determine if a reasonable accommodation is available. All accommodation requests will be treated as confidential.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Parker Drilling provides equal opportunity for all people and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If an applicant has a disability, the applicant may request accommodations when needed to enable that person to perform their essential job functions or to allow that person to participate in employment.