Accountant (Financial Reporting)
- 5 Greenway Plaza, Suite 100, Houston, TX
This position with the Accounting Department is responsible for analyzing and preparing complex financial analyses, creating timely and accurate financial statements and supporting the Financials Reporting Supervisor Assistant Controller, and Corporate Controller as well as peer members of the team.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements and various other financials throughout the year.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year–end financial reports showing operating performance.
- Reconcile assigned general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepare month-end, quarter-end and year-end journal entries and prepare complex account analysis (e.g. stock compensation, FX translation analysis) etc.
- Prepare reconciliations.
- Support the analysis of the business and corporate functional organizations.
- Interact and respond to queries from various parties including but not limited to Financial Reporting Supervisor, Assistant Controller, Corporate Controller, and various other parties in the corporate management group.
- Respond and assist the external auditors on quarterly review & year end audits.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
- Big 4 work experience preferred
- Workiva/Wdesk experience is highly preferred
- Should have at least 2 years of work experience in a Financial Reporting role.
- Must be analytical and a problem solver capable of working in a team environment.
- Oracle Hyperion experience preferred
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
- Must have good PC skills to include all MS Office products with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Must be knowledgeable of US GAAP.
- Must be proficient with data upload processes.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
- Initiating & Driving Change • Acts as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change • Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions • Creates work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation • Drives step changes in how the company operates • Understands how to change and addresses not only systems and processes, but also cultural aspects of change • Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market • Develops a change strategy that includes milestones and timelines • Accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives • Understands and supports the need for change • Envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process • Provides direction and focus during the change process • Helps to generate support of the changes throughout the organization • Identifies and enlists allies who support the change process • Provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change
- Result Focused • Establishes clear, specific performance goals, expectations, and priorities • Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully • Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers • Very bottom-line oriented • Steadfastly pushes self and others for results • Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles • Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties • Develops a sense of urgency in others to complete tasks • Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time • Challenges him- or herself and others to raise the bar on performance • Focuses people on critical activities that yield a high impact • Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results on time and within budget (e.g., models high work standards and demands the same from others)
- Team Work • Blends people into teams when they are needed • Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team • Shares wins and successes • Fosters open dialogue • Lets people finish and be responsible for their work • Seeks consensus among diverse viewpoints as a means of building group commitment • Defines success in terms of the whole team • Creates a feeling of belonging in the team • Values the contributions of all team members • Creates an environment that encourages open communication amongst team members • Creates an environment that encourages collective problem solving amongst team members
- Customer Focus • Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers • Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to understand customers' business issues and needs for improvements in products and services • Acts with customer in mind • Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect • Genuinely enjoys working with customers to build long-term partnerships • Creates a sense of customer focus throughout their team/ department/ business unit
Physical demands and work environment
- Frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull, reach, and use repetitive wrist and hand movements.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.