Real Time Operations Center Manager
- 2103 CityWest Blvd., Suite 400, Houston, TX
The Real Time Operations Center Manager is responsible to ensure the RTOC functions as an integral part of the One Parker organization.
- Ensure the RTOC functions as an integral part of the One Parker organization.
- Develop processes, procedures, and responsibility matrixes for all functions involved in the RTOC.
- Assist the leadership in defining the RTOC role and vision for Remote Operations Support in line with the company’s Tactical Plan.
- Reduce operational risk through monitoring of equipment performance, drilling events, and by the sharing of lessons learned throughout the organization.
- Responsible for monitoring, analysis and prevention of Non-Productive Time (NPT) and drilling problems, while also ensure providing other in-house services related to well operations, well planning and drilling optimization.
- Work closely with the Technology Group to develop applications and services to enhance Parker Drilling’s capability to obtain real time diagnostics of both our operations and equipment to ensure safe and consistent quality and safe performance across our operations. This will include trend monitoring and recognition, analytics and development of smart alarms.
- The position reports directly to the Service Delivery Director.
- Lead Parkers effort to implement, operate and manage a Real-Time Operations Center.
- Develop KPIs for D3O implementation across our fleet.
- Work with the technology group to develop answers products i.e. predictive Maintenance, connection integrity assurance, etc.
- Collaborate with the Technology Group, IT department, domain experts, and Service Delivery Group on the development of pattern recognition tools, advanced analytics, and smart alarms.
- Assist Operations with the implementation of Integrated Management System processes related to the RTOC.
- Assist Operations and Service Delivery Managers with the identification of opportunities for improvement in operational processes.
- Work alongside the Maintenance organization to ensure all equipment-related issues are properly reported and investigated.
- Ensure all incidents captured through the RTOC are reported, investigated as required, corrective actions are completed and lessons learned are shared.
- Manage operational and safety KPI data record keeping and reporting:
- Develop and monitor KPIs to evaluate the effectiveness of the recent operational activity.
- Action any deviation from KPI targets to drive continuous improvement.
- Drive implementation of data digitization and analytics efforts across global operations.
- Team up with the ESG team to develop workflows for monitoring engine performance and fuel consumption records with the goal of minimizing emissions through better engine performance
- Implement the usage of systems to eliminate redundant work and optimize information workflows between the rig and the RTOC. Assist in developing RTOC related corporate Service Delivery strategies while working in partnership with the Service Delivery Managers to roll out strategies to the Geomarket level.
- Conduct business activities in accordance with Parker Drilling’s core values and policies.
- Participate in industry-related forums related to the RTOC and automation technologies.
- May be required to perform additional duties and special projects as assigned.
NECESSARY QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to demand compliance with all safety and environmental laws, regulations, and the company’s QHSE policies and procedures.
- Experience in RTOC management and operations.
- Extensive relevant oilfield drilling experience.
- Proven high-level interpersonal skills through demonstrated ability to operate in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Provide visible leadership engagement with regard to QHSE.
- Ensures that personal behavior and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university is required.
- Experience working for a major oilfield service company is preferred.
- Good understanding of drilling practices, automation, and drilling optimization process.
- Prior experience with remote operations monitoring.
- Expected travel frequency up to 20% once COVID-19 related travel restrictions are lifted.
- Excellent communication skills, tact, and diplomacy to interface with various internal and external customers.
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude, and team player.
- Creative and original thinking.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Dynamic / Change agent.
- Superior written and verbal skills are required.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Must be able to multi-task while prioritizing to ensure delivery of completed work on schedule.
- Must be skilled in MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of SharePoint is preferred. Must have a working knowledge of data transmissions protocols and advanced analytical tools for data visualization.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.