Bridge Plug & Cement Retainer Engineer
- GASOS Warehouse, Plot No 17, Sector M 21 in Mussafah, , PO Box 43172, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Parker Drilling is seeking a Bridge Plug and Cement Retainer Specialist who will be responsible for running bridge plugs and cement retainers on hydraulic, mechanical and electronic setting tools at client premises. In addition to maintaining and redressing tools in the workshop in Abu Dhabi, and handling client enquires in the office if needed.
- Ensure compliance to managing the job as per company process
- Subject matter expert in R&S area of support
- Support the field technically through executing the job and different mesial (Online, phone calls
- and technical papers)
- 24/7 support for critical operations in the field when needed
- Share the knowledge through the organization by submitting best practices, case histories and lessons learned to the knowledge management database
- Follow up on field failures that required technology involvement and ensure that the learning is shared across the field
- Coaching and training junior engineers
- Communicate to engineering and technology on issues and lessons learned
- Experience in running cement retainers and bridge plugs with machinal and hydraulic tools.
- Experience in redressing hydraulic and mechanical running tools
- Experience in troubleshooting the installation and running of cement retainers and bridge plugs
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Significant operational experience
- Minimum 3+ years running cement retainer and bridge plugs with knowledge of the drilling and completion process.
Additional qualifications, skills and abilities
Has responsibility for operating equipment and/or machinery. Duties may involve some technical elements but primarily focused on running equipment/machinery /systems. Role is hands-on and directly manipulates the equipment, machinery or system; requiring precise instrumentation/operation. Acts at field operations as an individual or effective member of a field crew, supporting the delivery under supervision of a Field Engineer or Field Specialist.
- Understand and adhere to all safety regulations and applicable Parker Drilling Policies.
- Perform duties according to the documented Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Standard Operating Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Capable of understanding Oil wells and downhole conditions, knowledge of basic Well Completions, slickline and coiled tubing.
- Capable of working on the tool’s redressal, assembly, dis-assembly and support in equipment mobilization from the workshop the field location.
- Understanding to travel and execute a job with a lead hand.
- Communicate details and directions in a clear and coherent manner.
- Capable on working on MS-office and intelligence to grasp software handling.
- Required to work on a 24-hour call basis.
- Perform various other duties assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Ensure continuous improvement during planning and operations.
- Support ongoing operations, onshore and offshore.
- Participate in relevant morning calls and TBT meetings
- People Management Provides team with a clear sense of direction and objectives; creates a stable and re-assuring work atmosphere; supports employment development through coaching, Highly integrated with strategic talent management processes including performance management, succession planning, talent development, and engagement/retention, etc. Get results through people.
- Effective Communication Communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; listens attentively and objectively.
- Personal Accountability Demonstrates enthusiasm for and commitment to the position and accepts responsibility for personal actions. Takes pride in the job. Actively engages in professional self-development opportunities. Demonstrates professionalism and emotional intelligence across situations.
- Flawless Execution Clearly defines priorities and objectives. Uses a systematic approach with commitment and determination to achieve high quality results. Capably leads the business day-to-day and evaluates the risks and rewards new opportunities present.
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- Ability to work around moving machinery
- Ability to walk on uneven ground (gravel, rocks, mounds, ice)
- Wear personal protective equipment, including but not limited to hard hat, steel-toed safety shoes, hearing protection, respirators, safety glasses, goggles and full body harness.
- Ability to ascend and descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, and/or ramps while carrying tools requiring a reasonable degree of physical stamina and agility and involving moderate to severe physical exertion
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Ability to work in hazardous conditions (dust/gas/fumes/steam/chemicals)