Service Technician 1
- Abdullah Fouad Oil & Gas Park, The Industrial Village, DAMM, Saudi Arabia
Provide maintenance and repair to Company's equipment to ensure that assigned equipment is kept in efficient working condition in compliance with the Company's quality standards and manufacturers. To safely operate casing/tubing tongs and maintain spare parts relevant to equipment operation and maintenance\
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS include the following:
· When stand by, keep in contact with the Operation Supervisor / Coordinator and stay in contact by means of telephone.
· To report at the advised customer locations, airport, helicopter or shipyard at the required time and in a fit state to commence work or travel.
· Upon arrival at the location of work and in collaboration with the assigned Crew Leader/Job Supervisor, report to the Customer Representative and to establish details of the job to be performed.
· At first opportunity and in collaboration with the Crew Leader/Job Supervisor, check all ITS service and sales items to be in satisfactory condition to fulfill the specific job requirements.
· To attend on location pre-job HSE meeting if so required and wear Personnel Protective Equipment issued by ITS during the job and when required by the customer
· To follow shift arrangements and meal breaks as instructed by the Crew Leader/Job Supervisor and to carry out the assigned duties as a social member of the team.
· Report any operational problems, which may occur before, during and after the job to the assigned Crew Leader/Job Supervisor as soon as possible.
· Make recommendations for the safe execution of the job and report any non-safe acts or near miss accidents/incidents. Attend all monthly HSE meetings and initiate changes to existing HSE procedures or initiate new procedures.
· On completion of the job; rig down the equipment, clean and prepare for back loading.
· Report any shortcomings or status of non-conformance of equipment on the ITS equipment fault report
· If assigned as Stabber in collaboration with the Crew Leader, inspect the stabbing board, safety line(s) and safety points before commencing the job, discuss with the driller on signals and procedure to be used and repeat this each time the drilling crew changes.
· To attend HSE training, equipment training and medical checks as required and arranged by ITS.
· Accept any reasonable base duties as required.
· Responsible for QHSSE and EEP operations for his relevant functions.
· Accountable to safe operation of ITS and Customer (if any) Equipment in his area of operations.
· Other duties as directed by the direct Manager / Supervisor
POSITION SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Qualifications in Mechanical or Electronic Applications or past experience rig operation or casing and tubing running activity
· Knowledge of oil & Gas products, services and equipment
· The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situation.
- Initiating & Driving Change • Acts as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change • Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions • Creates work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation • Drives step changes in how the company operates • Understands how to change and addresses not only systems and processes, but also cultural aspects of change • Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market • Develops a change strategy that includes milestones and timelines • Accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives • Understands and supports the need for change • Envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process • Provides direction and focus during the change process • Helps to generate support of the changes throughout the organization • Identifies and enlists allies who support the change process • Provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change
- Result Focused • Establishes clear, specific performance goals, expectations, and priorities • Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully • Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers • Very bottom-line oriented • Steadfastly pushes self and others for results • Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles • Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties • Develops a sense of urgency in others to complete tasks • Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time • Challenges him- or herself and others to raise the bar on performance • Focuses people on critical activities that yield a high impact • Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results on time and within budget (e.g., models high work standards and demands the same from others)
- Team Work • Blends people into teams when they are needed • Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team • Shares wins and successes • Fosters open dialogue • Lets people finish and be responsible for their work • Seeks consensus among diverse viewpoints as a means of building group commitment • Defines success in terms of the whole team • Creates a feeling of belonging in the team • Values the contributions of all team members • Creates an environment that encourages open communication amongst team members • Creates an environment that encourages collective problem solving amongst team members
- Customer Focus • Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers • Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to understand customers' business issues and needs for improvements in products and services • Acts with customer in mind • Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect • Genuinely enjoys working with customers to build long-term partnerships • Creates a sense of customer focus throughout their team/ department/ business unit
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to work around moving machinery
- Ability to perform under stress, under pressure, and/or in emergency situations.
- Operate machinery and/or power tools.
- Ability to walk on uneven ground (gravel, rocks, mounds, ice)
- Frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull, reach, and use repetitive wrist and hand movements.
- Carry up to 10 lbs.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to work in noisy environments