Corporate Security Manager
- 5 Greenway Plaza, Suite 100, Houston, TX, United States
Parker Drilling Corporate Security exists to protect our people, property, reputation, and sensitive information. We provide highly professional, collaborative security leadership and are fully committed to supporting operations and facilitating the pursuit of opportunities through effective risk reduction. Security maintains relations with government agencies, commercial security providers, and industry peers to ensure that we remain at the forefront of best practices and emerging issues affecting our operations.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for security throughout the Company.
- Administrator of the Parker Drilling Security Program to ensure the security of personnel, and physical, information and cyber security for the company. This includes and is not limited to ensuring that physical security standards, travel security standards, travel risk management, emergency response programs and procedures are in compliance with Company, National, and International regulatory requirements in the corporate office and field locations.
- Maintain awareness of the security landscape, emerging threats, and vulnerabilities, and advise the organization on security issues affecting the company in a timely and effective manner. Recommend measures to assess and mitigate security risk.
- Develop security risk assessments to identify risks and gaps and provide recommendations for risk mitigation. Provide regular security briefings to staff and provide recommendations to local management operating in areas of elevated security risk.
- Train employees on security measures and issues. Monitor operations to ensure security program is enforced.
- Work with the IDR Group and IT Security Manager to integrate IT efforts to address cyber threats and provide information security into a broader corporate security and risk mitigation program.
- Assist in the development and implementation of crisis and business continuity plans. Act as a backup for the Sr Director of QHSSE&T in this area.
- Provide functional leadership, expertise, and collaborate with HSE and/or Security counterparts at facilities to manage the security program and ensure consistent, effective, implementation of best practices, standards and procedures always being mindful and aware of opportunities to improve the cost benefit equation.
- Work with IMS Global Auditor to incorporate Security into planned IMS Audits and Assessments.
- Work with Risk Manager in support of Corporate Emergency Response and Crisis Management issues.
- Develop and maintain a network of security contacts from both the private and public sector.
- Liaise with appropriate law enforcement, intelligence, and threat assessment agencies and companies, to identify, quantify, and assess security threats to the company in order to provide proactive advice regarding suitable mitigation strategies and measures.
- Engage with security providers, vendors, and services and identify areas to optimize efficiency and minimize expenditures.
- Conduct, support, and/or assist investigations into security incidents within the company.
- Abide by company policies and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is required.
- A security professional with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a corporate or government environment.
- CPP/PSP desirable, but not required.
- Strong interpersonal and exceptional written and verbal communication skills are a must, with the ability to communicate and influence effectively within a multinational, multicultural, setting.
- Must be able to influence and build strong relationships and networks.
- Must be a highly motivated and reliable individual who brings energy, collaboration, teamwork, and a "can do" flexible attitude.
- Must have ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality, accuracy and timeliness.
- Must possess excellent management skills.
- Must be objective and capable of making difficult decisions and relaying the message to staff in a professional manner.
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
- Must have good PC skills to include all MS Office products with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Proven track record of implementing and managing security initiatives in a multi-country environment and across business lines and/or groups.
- Must be able to develop and nurture concepts into pragmatic, efficient, and effective solutions.
- Must be capable of thriving in a highly matrixed organization.
- Demonstrated competence in project management, including on time, on budget, delivery is desirable.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 50%.
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 25 pounds. Hearing, seeing the ability of rapid mental coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for the entire regular shift.
This position may work in various locations - both in the U.S. and internationally. Some locations may be subject to extreme temperatures, hostile environments, civil unrest, etc. Also, travel to and from work location may require extended layovers in unfamiliar locations. Potential for exposure to temperature changes, wetness, confined spaces, chemicals, grease and oil, working with ladder/scaffolds, working with hands in water, and working alone. Parker Drilling will supply adequate training and equipment to meet the functions of the job.
- Ensures that personal behaviors / work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
- Provides visible leadership engagement and pays close attention to housekeeping, double-checks and takes additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
- Takes no short cuts and actively works with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk
- Ensures all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.