- 2103 CityWest Blvd., Suites 300-400, Houston, TX
As a member of the Infrastructure Team, the network Engineer I is responsible for network architecture, engineering, operations, security, and troubleshooting of the existing network and system environments while providing support for a variety of hardware and software systems.
• Researches, recommends, implements and maintains infrastructure technology including, but not limited to server administration, WAN/LAN hardware and other enterprise systems that support the company’s infrastructure architecture around the world.
• Establish, maintain and support the entire local network (i.e., from cisco switches to structured cabling, to desktops to servers) to ensure it is functioning properly and optimally.
• Working with various manufacturers’ hardware and standards including but not limited to: Cisco, Riverbed, ForeScout, Nimble/HPe.
• Configuration, management and monitoring of voice, data, security, and other devices.
• Participates in the evaluation of network related hardware/software products, VoIP and satellite communication systems and upgrades.
• Understanding of TCP/IP.
• Experience with internetworking technologies (routing and switching), TCP, and application architecture.
• Knowledge of network monitoring tools (Cisco SourceFire, ForeScout, Riverbed Cascade/Netprofiler, NetQoS, NetIQ, NetVoyant, NetBrain, NetOptics, WireShark).
• Manage server operating systems (Windows AD 2008R2/2012/2016/2019) and various network applications and monitoring software (such as SCOM, Solarwinds) when needed. Apply service packs or hot-fixes to various network applications and core operating systems.
• Analyzes service options, infrastructure (voice and data networks and servers) configurations and ongoing support requirements to determine lowest cost of operation.
• Establish, implement and maintain WINS, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, and all other network server globally.
• Serve as an advisor for infrastructure or desktop projects that require technical know-how or may have implications to core infrastructure requirements.
• Support core infrastructure applications such as Microsoft Exchange, Citrix, VMWare, Nimble Storage, Veeam.
• Willing to acquire in-depth knowledge of network- and host security technologies and products (such as firewalls, Network IDS, scanners) and continuously improve these skills.
• Participate in the planning and deployment of technical security controls including firewalls, network intrusion detection and intrusion protection.
• Proven troubleshooting skills (LAN/WAN, Internet, packet capture utilities (e.g. Sniffer), servers, clients, and applications.
• Serve as an escalation point for the Service Desk Team for issues outside of their purview.
• Monitor the IT Service Management system for new support requests and fulfill accordingly, or assign to an appropriate team member.
• Exert knowledge of network monitoring tools (Cisco SourceFire, ForeScout, Riverbed Cascade/Netprofiler, NetQoS, NetIQ, NetVoyant, Gigastor, NetBrain, NetOptics, WireShark). • Support core infrastructure such as Microsoft Exchange, Citrix, VMWare, Nimble storage, Veeam, Office 365, and Azure.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
• Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience designing, implementing, and supporting internetworking environments.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Visio, Access, and Outlook).
• Ability to multi-task and successfully work within high-pressure, fast-paced environments.
• Customer service oriented with proficient written and verbal communication skills.
• Professional with strong leadership skills.
• Extensive hands-on experience troubleshooting internetwork and application solutions.
• CCNA/CCNP Certification preferred.
• Solid cloud experience, preferably Office 365/Azure.
• Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
• Professional with strong collaboration skills.
• Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Initiating & Driving Change • Acts as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change • Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions • Creates work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation • Drives step changes in how the company operates • Understands how to change and addresses not only systems and processes, but also cultural aspects of change • Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market • Develops a change strategy that includes milestones and timelines • Accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives • Understands and supports the need for change • Envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process • Provides direction and focus during the change process • Helps to generate support of the changes throughout the organization • Identifies and enlists allies who support the change process • Provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change
- Result Focused • Establishes clear, specific performance goals, expectations, and priorities • Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully • Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers • Very bottom-line oriented • Steadfastly pushes self and others for results • Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles • Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties • Develops a sense of urgency in others to complete tasks • Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time • Challenges him- or herself and others to raise the bar on performance • Focuses people on critical activities that yield a high impact • Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results on time and within budget (e.g., models high work standards and demands the same from others)
- Team Work • Blends people into teams when they are needed • Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team • Shares wins and successes • Fosters open dialogue • Lets people finish and be responsible for their work • Seeks consensus among diverse viewpoints as a means of building group commitment • Defines success in terms of the whole team • Creates a feeling of belonging in the team • Values the contributions of all team members • Creates an environment that encourages open communication amongst team members • Creates an environment that encourages collective problem solving amongst team members
- Customer Focus • Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers • Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to understand customers' business issues and needs for improvements in products and services • Acts with customer in mind • Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect • Genuinely enjoys working with customers to build long-term partnerships • Creates a sense of customer focus throughout their team/ department/ business unit
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- N/A - Not Applicable
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Use repetitive wrist, hand or finger movements at a computer.
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.