Machine Shop Supervisor
- Abdullah Fouad Oil & Gas Park, The Industrial Village, DAMM, Saudi Arabia
This role involves to provide direction to the shop floor personnel, monitor the quality of work, ensure employees receive the proper training, and address maintenance issues. Position will oversee and assist with the daily Plant operations including process and procedure improvement activities.
· Provide guidance and direction to the production floor personnel.
· Accomplish staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, disciplining employees; and initiating, coordinating and enforcing systems, policies and procedures.
· Develop and maintain training programs in conjunction with the Training Coordinator to ensure that all personnel have the necessary skills to perform their duties safely and productively
· Coordinate daily production floor activities and delegate assignments to production personnel.
· Communicate clear expectations to production personnel, keep them informed of matters pertaining to their job, and develop personnel growth opportunities.
· Monitor employee work performance relative to expectations and maintain material/workflow through the facility.
· Ensure material handlers supply the workstations with material quickly and efficiently.
· Monitor and enforce safety policies.
· Maintain a safe and clean work environment at all times by educating and directing personnel.
· Ensure equipment and tools are in good working order and available for use when required.
· Ensure all stations are producing product to the company's quality standards.
· Continuously evaluate and modify the plant layout and material workflow for increased throughput and productivity.
· Monitor and enforce work start, break, and stop times of the production floor personnel.
· Monitor tidiness of the workstations and machines as well as the shipping and receiving yard.
· Hold regular production meetings with the staff
· Address conflicts of interest and provide solutions.
· Issue Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as well as tools as necessary.
· Lead the production floor personnel and maintain a positive work atmosphere.
· Assist other personnel as may be required for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
· Uphold all quality and safety standards applicable to the responsibilities above.
· Any other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- People Management Provides team with a clear sense of direction and objectives; creates a stable and re-assuring work atmosphere; supports employment development through coaching, Highly integrated with strategic talent management processes including performance management, succession planning, talent development, and engagement/retention, etc. Get results through people.
- Effective Communication Communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; listens attentively and objectively.
- Personal Accountability Demonstrates enthusiasm for and commitment to the position and accepts responsibility for personal actions. Takes pride in the job. Actively engages in professional self-development opportunities. Demonstrates professionalism and emotional intelligence across situations.
- Flawless Execution Clearly defines priorities and objectives. Uses a systematic approach with commitment and determination to achieve high quality results. Capably leads the business day-to-day and evaluates the risks and rewards new opportunities present.
Qualifications, skills and abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· High School Diploma or equivalent is required
· Degree or Trade/Technical School Certification in Mechanical stream is preferred
· Should have at least 5 years of specific work experience preferably in the Oil field service industry.
· Must have good verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors. Being multi-lingual is preferred.
· Must possess adequate PC skills to include all MS Office products.
· Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
· Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
· Strong knowledge of plant and manufacturing operations required.
· Experience with CNC machines, welding, punching, bending and sawing highly preferred
· Ability to read blueprints and parts lists and to apply the metric system.
Additional qualifications, skills and abilities
o Good understanding of Fabrication, Welding and quality control practices o Thorough Knowledge of Oilfield welding practices in safe manner o Welding shop supervisory skills, Knowledge of drilling and fishing tools. o Trouble shooting of defects occurred during fabrication and welding process o Thorough Knowledge in Welding symbols, position and Engineering Drawing o Exposure to ISO 9000 quality management system. o
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 25 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability to include depth perception, peripheral vision and rapid mental coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position may work in various locations - both in the U.S. and internationally. Some locations may be subject to extreme temperatures, hostile environments, civil unrest, etc. Also, travel to and from work location may require extended layovers in unfamiliar locations. Potential for exposure to temperature changes, wetness, confined spaces, chemicals, grease and oil, working with ladder/scaffolds, working with hands in water, and working alone. Parker Drilling will supply adequate training and equipment to meet the functions of the job.