Oracle HCM Business Analyst
- 5 Greenway Plaza, Suite 100, Houston, TX
The Oracle Human Capital Management (HCM) Business Analyst is responsible for the support, maintenance, and configuration of Oracle E-Business Suite applications including Human Resources, Payroll, Advanced Benefits, OTL, and Self Service HR. This position is also responsible for supporting other peripheral applications used to supplement Oracle EBS such as EIS Reporting.
- Provide Oracle HCM functional subject matter expertise to assist the current functional team in supporting Parker Drilling’s Oracle E-Business Suite.
- Understand business problems, processes, and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
- Guide and support Human Resources, Self Service HR, Advanced Benefits, OTL, and Payroll application teams on mission-critical maintenance, support, and enhancements for clients using Oracle EBS suite.
- Deliver daily production break/fix support and assist with enhancements to the Oracle EBS modules. Project management tasks, including facilitating team meetings and overall support plans for requirements; leading functional/technical (development, system test, interface) teams during enhancements.
- Create test plans, test cases, test scripts, and perform functional testing working with end-users and technical staff.
- Possess the functional, technical, and analytical abilities sufficient for the support and configuration of Oracle applications, including experience with Oracle workflows, personalization, fast formulas, and extensions.
- Resource needs a deep understanding of the functional processes and is able to work directly with the users serving as the subject matter expert.
- Review and maintain existing configurations/setups and make corrections and changes as needed with adequate documentation.
- Lead technical resource when required to resolve bug fixes, and/or to produce alerts/workflows/interfaces/enhancements as needed.
- Interact effortlessly with business/user community to determine and document new functional or technical requirements, to work with other IT professionals to implement solutions.
- Conduct gap analysis between delivered functionality and client requirements and recommend solutions.
- Develop new reporting solutions to streamline business processes through the use of Oracle Reports.
- Provide super users with additional training regarding Oracle EBS and business best practices.
- Work with 3rd Party Oracle Support for standard functionality issue resolutions & Patches
- Strong SDLC experience with exposure to Oracle AIM methodology preferred.
- Coordinate integration testing, user acceptance testing, training, and documentation.
- Interface analytical skills to identify issues with data transmittals.
Necessary Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Business related degree or relevant significant work experience.
- Minimum of 7-10 years in Oracle E-Business Suite with a heavy emphasis on HCM modules.
- Minimum of 5 years configuration of Payroll, HR, Advanced Benefits, OTL, and Employee Self Service modules.
- Minimum of 5 years developing Oracle fast formulas used in Payroll and Benefits modules.
- Oracle Domestic Payroll experience required. Oracle International Payroll experience preferred.
- Proficient in understanding the application requirements gathering, design, configuration/module set up, and documentation of functional documents.
- Knowledge and experience with Oracle open interfaces and application data mapping of interfaces.
- Knowledge of HR System Administration.
- Knowledge of Self Service Personalization Configuration.
- Understanding of flex fields, workflow, setup, and profile options.
- Understanding of multi-organization and multi-currency functionality.
- Understanding of basic HR System and Security Administration functionality
- Working knowledge of query tools.
- ServiceNow experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the agile method preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and assist with support.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with colleagues, management, and vendors.
- Must be a detail-oriented, self-starter, and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
- Must be capable of working in a team environment.
- Must be capable of managing projects with little to no supervision.
Additional Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Initiating & Driving Change • Acts as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change • Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions • Creates work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation • Drives step changes in how the company operates • Understands how to change and addresses not only systems and processes, but also cultural aspects of change • Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market • Develops a change strategy that includes milestones and timelines • Accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives • Understands and supports the need for change • Envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process • Provides direction and focus during the change process • Helps to generate support of the changes throughout the organization • Identifies and enlists allies who support the change process • Provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change
- Result Focused • Establishes clear, specific performance goals, expectations, and priorities • Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully • Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers • Very bottom-line oriented • Steadfastly pushes self and others for results • Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles • Persists to complete tasks/responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties • Develops a sense of urgency in others to complete tasks • Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time • Challenges him- or herself and others to raise the bar on performance • Focuses people on critical activities that yield a high impact • Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results on time and within budget (e.g., models high work standards and demands the same from others)
- Team Work • Blends people into teams when they are needed • Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team • Shares wins and successes • Fosters open dialogue • Lets people finish and be responsible for their work • Seeks consensus among diverse viewpoints as a means of building group commitment • Defines success in terms of the whole team • Creates a feeling of belonging in the team • Values the contributions of all team members • Creates an environment that encourages open communication amongst team members • Creates an environment that encourages collective problem solving amongst team members
- Customer Focus • Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers • Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to understand customers' business issues and needs for improvements in products and services • Acts with the customer in mind • Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect • Genuinely enjoys working with customers to build long-term partnerships • Creates a sense of customer focus throughout their team/ department/ business unit
Physical Demands, and Work Environment
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- Ability to perform under stress, under pressure, and/or in emergency situations.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Sit/stand while performing primarily sedentary work
- Use repetitive wrist, hand, or finger movements at a computer.
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.