- Parker Drilling Overseas BV House Number R1/59 New Azadi Compound (Atconz) Baharka New Street - 1065-27, Erbil, Iraq
This position is responsible for coordinating and directing various activities for the Company’s drilling operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Act as liaison between Operations management, rig crew and customers/clients.
• Supervise daily activity, progress and job performance of Rig Superintendents and Rig Managers and coach/counsel as needed.
• Organize equipment, material and personnel for various aspects of the operation.
• Ensure compliance of contract terms for equipment and reimbursement.
• Ensure various operations are scheduled properly so that the total project timing is managed efficiently.
• Initiate and participate in training of rig personnel in proper work related activities in accordance with the Company’s HSE policies and procedures.
• Confer and cooperate with other management personnel in formulating administrative and operational practices and procedures.
• Review, approve and submit request for equipment, materials and spare parts and coordinate shipment once request is approved by corporate.
• Responsible for providing reports to management to include, but not limited to, daily progress, safety incidents, etc.
• Promote safety awareness and safe performance among crew and contract personnel.
• Abide by Company policies and procedures.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
• A High School diploma is required.
• Should have 10+ years of specific work experience and some experience in supervising others.
• Must be a detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
• Should have good PC skills to include all MS Office products.
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors. Being multi-lingual is preferred.
• Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
- Intercultural Awareness Understands, leverages and respects cultural differences, languages, customs and manners on the ground. Has the ability to be flexible, adaptable and agile in foreign environments.
- Business Acumen Business Acumen is understanding how our businesses generate profits and competitive advantage after weighing foreseeable risks. It requires knowledge of how technical and functional roles contribute to and impact bottom-line results. Specifically, it's knowing what business, financial and operational conditions must exist for Parker to maximize profits, without undue risk. Business acumen requires savviness of market practices and industry tactics to assess and determine when the outcome of a decision will result in added value for the organization.
- Building Effective Teams Promotes followership; encourages team members to share knowledge; values contributions of all teammates; shares wins and successes; creates positive morale and spirit.
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to work around moving machinery
- Ability to ascend and descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, and/or ramps while carrying tools requiring a reasonable degree of physical stamina and agility and involving moderate to severe physical exertion
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Ability to work in hazardous conditions (dust/gas/fumes/steam/chemicals)
- Use repetitive wrist, hand or finger movements at a computer.
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.