- 5 Greenway Plaza, Suite 100, Houston, TX
In a highly collegial and collaborative Legal Department, this position is responsible for providing assistance on legal matters for the general business under the direct report of the Manager of Legal Affairs.
- Responsible for corporate governance matters for designated subsidiaries and branches, including incorporating new subsidiaries and branches, drafting and filing corporate documents, dissolutions of legal entities, officer/director resignations/appointments.
- Draft and deliver supporting corporate documents such as good standing certificates, officer certificates and incumbency certificates
- Coordinate the timely filing of annual reports and registrations in jurisdictions worldwide
- Draft secretary’s certificates, resolutions, written consents, minutes, etc. with minimal supervision.
- Maintain corporate minute books and other records for and subsidiaries worldwide; including maintaining and filing corporate records, including resolutions, board of director changes, annual reports, etc.
- Maintain entity database.
- Drafting of powers of attorney for use worldwide.
- Ensure compliance with power of attorney process and standards.
- Coordinate apostille or legalization for powers of attorney.
- Maintain power of attorney database and records.
- Maintain contracts database and records
- Review and negotiate routine contracts (MSAs, Confidentiality Agreements, etc) with support from in-house counsel
- Assist with contract tenders
- Manage online compliance program, including facilitation of third-party representative applications and approvals
- Prepare compliance-related communications Assisting the Business Integrity Department with the ESG initiative.
- Ability to work full time from the Company's corporate offices or remotely, as required.
- Assist with Auditor Requests
- In coordination with HR/Payroll, manage garnishments, including receiving notices, responding to interrogatories, and managing open garnishment orders
- Assists Legal Department staff with matter management and litigation hold systems and assists with data entry and reporting within same
- Update company policies and standards related to legal and compliance matters
- Monitor and report on key performance indicators related to legal and compliance support of business initiatives Act as law librarian, keeping and monitoring legal volumes and ensuring legal volumes are up-to-date.
- Performs additional duties, responsibilities, and special projects as may be directed.
- Take total ownership for third party due diligence as the system administrator, including the end-to-end process for completing third party due diligence, annual certifications, screenings, collecting information, and the approval process
- Manage compliance questionnaires that are the company receives for information on the compliance program and be responsible for compliance questionnaire responses during tenders.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
- Associate Degree with Paralegal certificate from an accredited paralegal program or bachelor's degree preferred but not required.
- At least 2 years experience working as a paralegal or legal assistant (in-house experience strongly preferred).
- Prior international experience a plus.
- Texas notary preferred.
- Understanding of legalization and apostille process, as well as foreign subsidiary requirements.
- General knowledge and understanding of legal entities and the workings of a corporation.
- Self-motivated and ability to proactively assume responsibility and consistently follow through on assignments.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, work well under pressure, and have the flexibility to assist legal team in meeting demands on accelerated schedules.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be proficient inSharePoint and Microsoft Office.
- Initiating & Driving Change • Acts as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change • Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions • Creates work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation • Drives step changes in how the company operates • Understands how to change and addresses not only systems and processes, but also cultural aspects of change • Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market • Develops a change strategy that includes milestones and timelines • Accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives • Understands and supports the need for change • Envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process • Provides direction and focus during the change process • Helps to generate support of the changes throughout the organization • Identifies and enlists allies who support the change process • Provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change
- Result Focused • Establishes clear, specific performance goals, expectations, and priorities • Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully • Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers • Very bottom-line oriented • Steadfastly pushes self and others for results • Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles • Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties • Develops a sense of urgency in others to complete tasks • Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time • Challenges him- or herself and others to raise the bar on performance • Focuses people on critical activities that yield a high impact • Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results on time and within budget (e.g., models high work standards and demands the same from others)
- Team Work • Blends people into teams when they are needed • Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team • Shares wins and successes • Fosters open dialogue • Lets people finish and be responsible for their work • Seeks consensus among diverse viewpoints as a means of building group commitment • Defines success in terms of the whole team • Creates a feeling of belonging in the team • Values the contributions of all team members • Creates an environment that encourages open communication amongst team members • Creates an environment that encourages collective problem solving amongst team members
- Customer Focus • Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers • Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to understand customers' business issues and needs for improvements in products and services • Acts with customer in mind • Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect • Genuinely enjoys working with customers to build long-term partnerships • Creates a sense of customer focus throughout their team/ department/ business unit
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Sit/stand while performing primarily sedentary work
- Use repetitive wrist, hand or finger movements at a computer.
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.