- 400 Alabama St, Odessa, TX
The TRS Lead will supervise, operate, and perform preventative maintenance, operational planning, and implementation for casing and tubular running equipment. Safely lead conventional and CRT casing running crews, while acting as a mentor to the crew. Possess the ability to operate CRT’s, casing power tongs, hydraulic power units (electric & diesel), tubular handling and cleaning equipment, torque monitoring equipment, and other specialized oilfield equipment used in tubular running services.
- Perform TRS Field Services as per company and customer requirements.
- Demonstrate and provide leadership and act as a liaison while at a customer’s location.
- Demonstrate high level of participation in Safety Programs and Systems - Embrace Discipline.
- Provide high level of well site supervision and standards.
- Attend all safety meetings at the Odessa, TX TRS facility.
- Lead and conduct all JSA, tailgate, and pre-job safety meetings on a customer’s location.
- Conduct competency assessments for TRS Technicians.
- Overall responsibility for crews and quality standards while performing duties on a customer’s location.
- Overall responsibility for safe working practices and full knowledge of the Company HSE Manual and procedures.
- Completion of all necessary job and equipment paperwork in line with company procedures.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of TRS Technicians.
- Safely and satisfactorily perform any duty related to tubular services including; troubleshooting, maintenance, and operation.
- Operate and maintain tubular handling equipment.
- Preparation of accurate delivery tickets, job reports, and other similar administrative field based forms.
- Assist the Shop Foreman with special maintenance assignments and perform shop duties as necessary.
- Report any accident, incident or near miss incidents in accordance with the company’s HSE Program.
- Assist with equipment load outs and ensuring proper tools for the job.
- Ensure that Quality Standards are met and repair work is carried out according to acceptable standards.
- Report any unforeseen repair work to the Operations Manager and discuss corrective action.
- Perform any other duties as directed by the Field Service Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma GED or equivalent required
- Should have 10 years minimum field proven experience in rig floor/casing handling and running operations with 5 years supervisory experience
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record required.
- Class A CDL preferred.
- Experience with mechanical, hydraulic and electrical applications or past experience in a similar operation i.e. rig operations or casing running activity strongly preferred
- Strong operational and maintenance knowledge of equipment preferred
- Must have working knowledge of the operation and routine maintenance requirements of all tubular handling equipment.
- Must have knowledge of products, services and equipment, knowledge on hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical controls, etc.
- Should have strong communication skills
- Should have strong knowledge of casing equipment and function.
- Should be a fast learner, result oriented, and independent with strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be willing to Listen and Learn - Be Responsive.
- Must possess a positive attitude.
- Must possess strong customer service skills i.e. listening, following through, and willingness to help.
- Ability to adapt positively to changes in policies, procedures and priorities, or work environments.
- Ability to read and write English
- Initiating & Driving Change • Acts as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change • Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions • Creates work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation • Drives step changes in how the company operates • Understands how to change and addresses not only systems and processes, but also cultural aspects of change • Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market • Develops a change strategy that includes milestones and timelines • Accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives • Understands and supports the need for change • Envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process • Provides direction and focus during the change process • Helps to generate support of the changes throughout the organization • Identifies and enlists allies who support the change process • Provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change
- Result Focused • Establishes clear, specific performance goals, expectations, and priorities • Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully • Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers • Very bottom-line oriented • Steadfastly pushes self and others for results • Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles • Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties • Develops a sense of urgency in others to complete tasks • Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time • Challenges him- or herself and others to raise the bar on performance • Focuses people on critical activities that yield a high impact • Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results on time and within budget (e.g., models high work standards and demands the same from others)
- Team Work • Blends people into teams when they are needed • Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team • Shares wins and successes • Fosters open dialogue • Lets people finish and be responsible for their work • Seeks consensus among diverse viewpoints as a means of building group commitment • Defines success in terms of the whole team • Creates a feeling of belonging in the team • Values the contributions of all team members • Creates an environment that encourages open communication amongst team members • Creates an environment that encourages collective problem solving amongst team members
- Customer Focus • Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers • Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to understand customers' business issues and needs for improvements in products and services • Acts with customer in mind • Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect • Genuinely enjoys working with customers to build long-term partnerships • Creates a sense of customer focus throughout their team/ department/ business unit
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to work around moving machinery
- Ability to perform under stress, under pressure, and/or in emergency situations.
- Lift, carry, and move objects of up to 50 pounds.
- Operate machinery and/or power tools.
- Ability to walk on uneven ground (gravel, rocks, mounds, ice)
- Wear personal protective equipment, including but not limited to hard hat, steel-toed safety shoes, hearing protection, respirators, safety glasses, goggles and full body harness.
- Frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull, reach, and use repetitive wrist and hand movements.
- Ability to ascend and descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, and/or ramps while carrying tools requiring a reasonable degree of physical stamina and agility and involving moderate to severe physical exertion
- Operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions (Cold or Heat)
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Ability to work in hazardous conditions (dust/gas/fumes/steam/chemicals)
- Ability to work at heights (scaffolding or ladders)
- Exposure to vibration (oscillating movements of the extremities or whole body)
- Ability to work in noisy environments
- Ability to work in small and/or enclosed spaces
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.