Legal Counsel - Corporate
- 5 Greenway Plaza, Suite 100, Houston, TX
In a highly collegial and collaborative Legal Department, Counsel is responsible for providing legal advice and counsel to the Company’s business units and shared services, including Quality, Supply Chain, Risk Management, Information Technology, Information & Records Management, and Asset Management, among others.
- Review and participate in negotiations of various contracts, to include, but not limited to, Master Service Agreements, Master Purchase Agreements, Purchase Orders, Licensing Agreements, Consulting Agreements, Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreements, Real Estate Leases, etc.
- Maintain Contract Management processes, supporting internal clients in their adherence to policies governing the Company’s contractual relationships, and including the periodic review of Company policies, processes, and practices with respect to Contract Management to identify and implement improvements.
- Provide legal advice and counsel to internal clients in response to issues arising in the course of ordinary business.
- Perform compliance due diligence on customers and third-party representatives. * Continuously maintain knowledge with developments in legislation that relate to Parker Drilling’s operations and provide client updates and training and proposing policy changes as required.
- Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
- Responsible for the safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors, and guests.
Necessary Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- A Juris Doctorate or equivalent law degree from a foreign jurisdiction is required, and the individual must be licensed or otherwise qualified to practice law.
- Must have at least 2 years of legal work experience and preferably some experience in oil and gas, or oil field services.
- Must be a detail-oriented, self-starter, and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
- Must have good PC skills to include all MS Office products.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, to include public speaking, and be able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers, and vendors.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions,
- Preference may be given to candidates with proficiency in Spanish.
- Preference may be given to candidates with knowledge of anti-corruption and anti-bribery laws including the FCPA.
- Infrequent international travel may be required.
- People Management Provides team with a clear sense of direction and objectives; creates a stable and re-assuring work atmosphere; supports employment development through coaching, Highly integrated with strategic talent management processes including performance management, succession planning, talent development, and engagement/retention, etc. Get results through people.
- Effective Communication Communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; listens attentively and objectively.
- Personal Accountability Demonstrates enthusiasm for and commitment to the position and accepts responsibility for personal actions. Takes pride in the job. Actively engages in professional self-development opportunities. Demonstrates professionalism and emotional intelligence across situations.
- Flawless Execution Clearly defines priorities and objectives. Uses a systematic approach with commitment and determination to achieve high-quality results. Capably leads the business day-to-day and evaluates the risks and rewards new opportunities present.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to perform under stress, under pressure, and/or in emergency situations.
- N/A - Not Applicable
- Carry up to 10 lbs.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Sit/stand while performing primarily sedentary work
- Use repetitive wrist, hand, or finger movements at a computer.
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.