- 1110 Unifab Road, New Iberia, LA
- Provide visible leadership with a Total Ownership attitude.
- Enforce, clarify, and follow Company policies, standards, and procedures while promoting operational excellence through procedural discipline.
- Delegate work effectively with a clear definition of requirements and expectations while ensuring the safety of those working under direct supervision.
- Coordinates with Rig Superintendent and Preventative Maintenance Coordinator on the maintenance, repair and refurbishment of equipment.
- Create applicable maintenance procedures that promote defect-free maintenance work quality.
- Responsible for reviewing, evaluating and maintaining maintenance schedules for equipment.
- Foresee potential equipment malfunctions or failures and performs required repairs, adjustments or modification to resolve the problem.
- Enters maintenance and repair data into a Maintenance management system (MMS)
- Provide onsite assistance and guidance to maintenance personnel with trouble shooting issues and repair.
- Monitor oil sample results and ensure recommendations are implemented onsite and reported accordingly.
- Track non-destructive testing and major maintenance to be performed at pre-determined intervals.
- Ensure third party contractor’s work meets the quality, cost and safety standards required by the company.
- Collaborate with maintenance team to schedule manpower and resources for the most effective productivity and timely completion of maintenance. Provide technical support for maintenance systems questions and problems.
- Set up and operate lathe, drill press, grinder and other metalworking tools to fascinate any necessary repairs.
- Support the HSE objective of no injuries, accidents or harm to the environment as it relates to all maintenance processes, procedures, and policies.
- Comply with platform emergency response plan or station bills during emergencies and/ or drills.
- Ensure Parker Drilling’s Competency program – Authorized to Operate (ATO) and Approved Competent Operator (ACO) are applied and followed.
- Ensure Client competency is applied and followed
- Understand LO/TO and Permit to Work procedures.
- Maintain and update asset tags for onsite equipment.
- Maintain an adequate amount of spare parts are on hand at all times.
- Read and analyze electrical/mechanical drawings, schematics and equipment manuals.
- Perform annual assessments to evaluate performance, skills, qualifications and abilities of maintenance personnel.
- Perform additional duties, responsibilities, and special projects as may be directed.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
- Able to identify and understand the functionality of various rig equipment.
- Must possess and maintain certifications and licenses necessary as required by the appropriate regulatory authorities.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in basic rigger’s role to ensure safe lifting operations are performed.
- Knowledgeable of mechanical/electrical systems and be skilled at working with hand and power tools.
- Must possess basic mathematical skills.
- Must have proficient knowledge of diagnostic equipment.
- Must be a self-motivator and work without close supervision.
- Must be able to prioritize jobs and work under tight time constraints.
- Must have good PC skills to include MS Office products.
- Must be able to provide technical support for both mechanical and electrical disciplines.
- Can demonstrate knowledge and fundamentals of the following equipment: o Hoisting equipment o Pipe handling equipment o Rotating equipment o Circulating equipment o Hydraulic equipment o Diesel engine/air compressors o Electrical fundamentals o Electrical systems components
- Must possess sound reasoning skills, good common sense and have the ability to follow directions.
- Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of him/her or others.
- Must be able to recognize hazards, alarms, warnings and the ability to convey these to the proper personnel.
- Must have good verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate in English with staff, management, customers and vendors.
- Education, experience, and certifications: o High School diploma is required. o Must be able to obtain appropriate offshore or, onshore certifications o Should have at least 5 years of applicable supervisory experience, oil and gas industry preferred. Secondary general education and a Slinger Certificate of 6th group can be appointed for the position of the Rigger`s Supervisor. Having no requirements to work experience Rules for slinging, lifting and moving simple heavy loads and loads of medium complexity.
Additional qualifications, skills and abilities
- People Management Provides team with a clear sense of direction and objectives; creates a stable and re-assuring work atmosphere; supports employment development through coaching, Highly integrated with strategic talent management processes including performance management, succession planning, talent development, and engagement/retention, etc. Get results through people.
- Effective Communication Communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; listens attentively and objectively.
- Personal Accountability Demonstrates enthusiasm for and commitment to the position and accepts responsibility for personal actions. Takes pride in the job. Actively engages in professional self-development opportunities. Demonstrates professionalism and emotional intelligence across situations.
- Flawless Execution Clearly defines priorities and objectives. Uses a systematic approach with commitment and determination to achieve high quality results. Capably leads the business day-to-day and evaluates the risks and rewards new opportunities present.
Physical demands and work environment
- Oversee and manage the overall quality of projects and/or employee performance.
- Ability to work around moving machinery
- Ability to perform under stress, under pressure, and/or in emergency situations.
- Wear personal protective equipment, including but not limited to hard hat, steel-toed safety shoes, hearing protection, respirators, safety glasses, goggles and full body harness.
- Frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull, reach, and use repetitive wrist and hand movements.
- Ability to ascend and descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, and/or ramps while carrying tools requiring a reasonable degree of physical stamina and agility and involving moderate to severe physical exertion
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.