- GASOS Warehouse, Plot No 17, Sector M 21 in Mussafah, , PO Box 43172, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
To help develop and implement a system to manage the consolidated inventory and maintain pressure control equipment.
• Knowledge of BOP functions, controls, operations and maintenance.
• Project management: ability to scope, schedule and deliver multiple projects regarding improvement of BOP reliability.
• Ability to analyse, identify problems and recommend solutions (Root Cause Failure Analyses).
• Familiar with API standards (API-16A, API-6AR, API-6A, API-16D, API S53, API RP 53, API RP 59) and BSEE requirements related to BOP equipment.
• Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication.
• Ability to communicate with supervisors.
• Strong decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work independently with multiple vendors, senior leaders and assets.
• Ability to apply Lean methodologies to position.
• Moderate Rig Contractor or BOP OEM experience is advantageous.
• Substantial Onshore experience preferred.
• Knowledge of barrier management.
• Working knowledge of process safety relating to reliability, operations, and maintenance.
• Experience of work with ERP systems TRACS , Oracle, JD Edwards or similar
• Knowledge of documentation packages for pressure control equipment
• Working knowledge of Microsoft suite.
• Management of combined BOP fleet; set the strategy and develop processes and systems to achieve so.
• Develop strong procedures for fleet status assessment and verification.
• Develop metrics to track BOP utilization and set and achieve yearly targets
• Maintain professional presence with external organizations relevant to Pressure Control Equipment.
• Develop and maintain an updated list of certification requirements divided both by Geographical location and Customer base
• Develop and maintain a comprehensive plan for maintenance and record keeping which can be transferable across different business units
• Help select and develop a service agreement between business units for fleet management purposes
• Liaise constantly with all the business units and take ownership to provide pressure control equipment as per the service agreement.
• Abide by Company policies and procedures.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
• Technical Diploma / University Degree
• Good working knowledge of engineering principles for pressure control.
- Initiating & Driving Change • Acts as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change • Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions • Creates work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation • Drives step changes in how the company operates • Understands how to change and addresses not only systems and processes, but also cultural aspects of change • Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market • Develops a change strategy that includes milestones and timelines • Accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives • Understands and supports the need for change • Envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process • Provides direction and focus during the change process • Helps to generate support of the changes throughout the organization • Identifies and enlists allies who support the change process • Provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change
- Result Focused • Establishes clear, specific performance goals, expectations, and priorities • Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully • Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers • Very bottom-line oriented • Steadfastly pushes self and others for results • Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles • Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties • Develops a sense of urgency in others to complete tasks • Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time • Challenges him- or herself and others to raise the bar on performance • Focuses people on critical activities that yield a high impact • Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results on time and within budget (e.g., models high work standards and demands the same from others)
- Team Work • Blends people into teams when they are needed • Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team • Shares wins and successes • Fosters open dialogue • Lets people finish and be responsible for their work • Seeks consensus among diverse viewpoints as a means of building group commitment • Defines success in terms of the whole team • Creates a feeling of belonging in the team • Values the contributions of all team members • Creates an environment that encourages open communication amongst team members • Creates an environment that encourages collective problem solving amongst team members
- Customer Focus • Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers • Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to understand customers' business issues and needs for improvements in products and services • Acts with customer in mind • Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect • Genuinely enjoys working with customers to build long-term partnerships • Creates a sense of customer focus throughout their team/ department/ business unit
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to work around moving machinery
- Ability to perform under stress, under pressure, and/or in emergency situations.
- Lift, carry, and move objects of up to 50 pounds.
- Wear personal protective equipment, including but not limited to hard hat, steel-toed safety shoes, hearing protection, respirators, safety glasses, goggles and full body harness.
- Frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull, reach, and use repetitive wrist and hand movements.
- Ability to ascend and descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, and/or ramps while carrying tools requiring a reasonable degree of physical stamina and agility and involving moderate to severe physical exertion
- Carry up to 10 lbs.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions (Cold or Heat)
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Ability to work in hazardous conditions (dust/gas/fumes/steam/chemicals)
- Ability to work at heights (scaffolding or ladders)
- Use repetitive wrist, hand or finger movements at a computer.
- Exposure to vibration (oscillating movements of the extremities or whole body)
- Ability to work in noisy environments
- Ability to work in small and/or enclosed spaces
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.