- Hilcorp Alaska LLC 1000 Milne Point Road, Prudhoe Bay, AK
Essential functionsAssist with routine maintenance on the rig equipment using hand and power tools.
Dig drainage ditches, pits and lines.
Install motors on equipment.
Set well equipment at well locations which includes cement pads and pumping units.
Responsible for tie-down of pumping units and installing counter weights for balancing pumping units.
Install and repair pipelines such as drisco, steel and PVC.
Haul pipe and rods using truck winches and motorized lifts.
General yard maintenance of ground and buildings.
Safely and efficiently clean oil spills.
Walk flow lines to locate and repair leaks, using electronic detectors and by making visual inspections.
Maintain safety standards and procedures and keep work area in safe working conditions.
Abide by Company policies and procedures.
Other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
Safety Accountabilities • Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws, regulations and company’s safety policies and procedures. • Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk. • Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards. • Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests. • Must participate and promote the use of Stop Work Authority (SWA). • Must participate in the COACH behavioral based safety program. • Must actively participate in the various meetings held onsite/onboard (such as: induction meeting, pre-shift meeting, weekly safety meeting, risk assessment/pre-job meetings, etc.). • Must plan, execute and participate in regularly scheduled safety drills (such as: well control, fire, man down, etc.). • Must participate in the processes of creating and revising Work Safe Procedures as required, including After Action Review (AAR). • Must participate and promote dropped object prevention program, including red zone/exclusion zone management. • Ensure all incidents are reported in accordance with Company policies. • Does not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk. • Must remain calm in emergency situations to ensure the safety of the crew. • As needed, seek advice from HSE representative, maintenance staff, and Rig Manager.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilitiesTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A High School diploma is required.
Must have valid driver’s license; CDL is preferred.
Previous work experience in the drilling industry is preferred.
Must have knowledge of mechanical systems and be skilled at working with hand and power tools and operating work vehicles such as forklift, trencher, crane, etc.
Previous experience as a Roustabout in the drilling industry is highly preferred.
Must have good verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors.
Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
Additional qualifications, skills and abilities
Work Environment This position will be located on the North Slope or other remote areas of the Alaskan Operating Area and is subject to extreme temperatures and environments. Travel to and from the work location may require extended layovers. Potential for exposure to temperature changes, wetness, confined spaces, chemicals, grease and oil are possible. Working with ladder and scaffolds and climbing to heights of 200 feet while carrying tools is possible. Parker Drilling will supply adequate training and equipment to meet the requirements pertaining to the job. Employee must be able to work a minimum of 12 hours per day, on a rotational schedule.
- Initiating & Driving Change • Acts as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change • Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions • Creates work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation • Drives step changes in how the company operates • Understands how to change and addresses not only systems and processes, but also cultural aspects of change • Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market • Develops a change strategy that includes milestones and timelines • Accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives • Understands and supports the need for change • Envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process • Provides direction and focus during the change process • Helps to generate support of the changes throughout the organization • Identifies and enlists allies who support the change process • Provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change
- Result Focused • Establishes clear, specific performance goals, expectations, and priorities • Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully • Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers • Very bottom-line oriented • Steadfastly pushes self and others for results • Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles • Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties • Develops a sense of urgency in others to complete tasks • Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time • Challenges him- or herself and others to raise the bar on performance • Focuses people on critical activities that yield a high impact • Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results on time and within budget (e.g., models high work standards and demands the same from others)
- Team Work • Blends people into teams when they are needed • Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team • Shares wins and successes • Fosters open dialogue • Lets people finish and be responsible for their work • Seeks consensus among diverse viewpoints as a means of building group commitment • Defines success in terms of the whole team • Creates a feeling of belonging in the team • Values the contributions of all team members • Creates an environment that encourages open communication amongst team members • Creates an environment that encourages collective problem solving amongst team members
- Customer Focus • Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers • Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to understand customers' business issues and needs for improvements in products and services • Acts with customer in mind • Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect • Genuinely enjoys working with customers to build long-term partnerships • Creates a sense of customer focus throughout their team/ department/ business unit
Physical demands and work environmentThe physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 50 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability to include depth perception, peripheral vision and rapid mental coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position may work in various locations - both in the U.S. and internationally. Some locations may be subject to extreme temperatures, hostile environments, civil unrest, etc. Also, travel to and from work location may require extended layovers in unfamiliar locations. Potential for exposure to temperature changes, wetness, confined spaces, chemicals, grease and oil, working with ladder/scaffolds, working with hands in water, and working alone. Parker Drilling will supply adequate training and equipment to meet the functions of the job.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.