Senior Marketing Specialist
- 5 Greenway Plaza, Suite 100, Houston, TX
The Senior Marketing Specialist is responsible for ensuring the strategic alignment between the organization's goals and the development of marketing materials to meet those objectives. Through marketing analytics, company and industry data, this position will work closely with Business Development and GeoMarket leaders in providing targeted, tactical support to meet company objectives. This position will also be responsible for the company’s brand digital brand awareness; Social Media and Website. The Senior Marketing Specialist will report directly to the Sr. Marketing and Communications Manager.
- Identify data sources required for analysis – ensure data is organized, cleansed and of sufficient quality to provide credible results. Data sets for analysis include, but are not limited to: market data, industry data, customer data, product data and transactional data.
- Preparation of reports via data collection and analysis on customer/competition demographics, preferences, needs & buying habits.
- Develop rational, scalable and reliable processes for data acquisition and analysis.
- Prepare Sr. Manager level presentations and go-to-market materials.
- Manage and oversee key performance indicators and report status to senior management.
- Develop and maintain standardized communications for all Parker marketing material.
- Manage company communications on media sites, website, social media etc.
- Manage all Parker marketing material, brochures, presentations etc.
- Develop case studies together with the drilling advisor for marketing purposes.
- Coordinate with the CRM Analyst on marketing initiatives.
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter who takes initiative and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
- Must have excellent presentation building skills, including InDesign capabilities.
- Must have Microsoft Office Suite skills including advanced Excel capabilities.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff and management.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
- Must be able to multitask and complete tasks on time.
- Must be able to coordinate and manage projects independently.
- Must have knowledge of Social Media platforms and best practices.
- Must have knowledge of Website back-end functionality.
- Must have ability to accurately write, proofread and edit in the AP style.
- Results-oriented; ability to prioritize effectively and manage one’s time.
- Ability to assist with tradeshow and product launch events, as needed.
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to successfully drive marketing and communication initiatives.
- Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or related field.
- 7+ years’ experience in Marketing & Communications.
- 5+ Years’ global experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Excellent communication and decision-making skills.
- Self-sufficient to develop market research, analysis, and interpretation.
- Experience with online content marketing and social media development strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to build creditability with key Business Segment Stakeholders.
- Experience with vendor management, i.e Web Content Hosts, Developers, Clients, etc,.
- Initiating & Driving Change • Acts as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change • Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions • Creates work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation • Drives step changes in how the company operates • Understands how to change and addresses not only systems and processes, but also cultural aspects of change • Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market • Develops a change strategy that includes milestones and timelines • Accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives • Understands and supports the need for change • Envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process • Provides direction and focus during the change process • Helps to generate support of the changes throughout the organization • Identifies and enlists allies who support the change process • Provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change
- Result Focused • Establishes clear, specific performance goals, expectations, and priorities • Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully • Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers • Very bottom-line oriented • Steadfastly pushes self and others for results • Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles • Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties • Develops a sense of urgency in others to complete tasks • Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time • Challenges him- or herself and others to raise the bar on performance • Focuses people on critical activities that yield a high impact • Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results on time and within budget (e.g., models high work standards and demands the same from others)
- Team Work • Blends people into teams when they are needed • Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team • Shares wins and successes • Fosters open dialogue • Lets people finish and be responsible for their work • Seeks consensus among diverse viewpoints as a means of building group commitment • Defines success in terms of the whole team • Creates a feeling of belonging in the team • Values the contributions of all team members • Creates an environment that encourages open communication amongst team members • Creates an environment that encourages collective problem solving amongst team members
- Customer Focus • Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers • Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to understand customers' business issues and needs for improvements in products and services • Acts with customer in mind • Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect • Genuinely enjoys working with customers to build long-term partnerships • Creates a sense of customer focus throughout their team/ department/ business unit
Physical Demands/Work environment
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position may work in various locations - both in the U.S. and internationally. Some locations may be subject to extreme temperatures, hostile environments, civil unrest, etc. Also, travel to and from work location may require extended layovers in unfamiliar locations. Potential for exposure to temperature changes, wetness, confined spaces, chemicals, grease and oil, working with ladder/scaffolds, working with hands in water, and working alone. Parker Drilling will supply adequate training and equipment to meet the functions of the job.
- Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.