GM of Manufacturing Engineering
- 205 Marcon Drive, Lafayette, LA
Manages the activities for a department including budgeting, resource planning, project management activities, and implementation of manufacturing systems and processes. Leads the development of departmental plans and deliverables, provides technical consultation, leadership, and advice to managers, manufacturing personnel and other functions.
- Own process development of the manufacturing line of Parker Drilling products from initial low-volume New Product Development (NPD) prototypes to full-scale production upon commercialization.
- Develop and qualify manufacturing processes and equipment for new product introduction, including project management of schedule and budget
- Develop business processes and train the manufacturing team on lean manufacturing principles, process flow maps, work instructions, and nonconformance management
- Implement DFM (design for manufacturability) and PFMEA (process failure mode and effects analysis) methodology and statistical process controls to set up a reliable, low defect manufacturing line.
- Influence make vs. buy decisions and work with external vendors to augment internal capabilities.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to manufacturing engineers.
- Manages personnel in the Production and Manufacturing Engineering functions related to departmental activities and performance standards.
- Develops metrics to measure plant and equipment capacity output, and identify equipment and process flow bottlenecks.
- Develops plan for an in-house testing facility and manages same
- Coaches and motivates direct and indirect team members, delegates work assignments, and leads change.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement initiatives including capital, daily operations, and organization structure.
- Ensures projects are completed on time, on budget, and to specifications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in Manufacturing Technology or Engineering
- Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Technology, or Industrial Engineering
- Lean Manufacturing experience
- Preferably Six Sigma Black Belt, or significant practical experience using Six Sigma methodologies
- Experience taking products from prototype into production, including developing manufacturing techniques to transition from manual to automated processes
- Experience with MS Office, AutoCAD, Oracle, and manufacturing process software
- Practical experience and advanced knowledge in machining processes, tooling technology, mechanical assembly, hydro & gas testing, robotic/automation, digitalization & MES, and other special manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate at all levels from the shop floor to executive leadership.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Maintains safety and service quality as immediate priorities when working across all areas of the business.
- Maintains the highest standards of corporate governance, ensuring that all activities are carried out ethically and in compliance with Company policies and procedures, relevant laws, regulations, standards and industry practices.
- Comply with all requirements of the Parker Drilling Integrated Management System (IMS), Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions and ensures awareness of applicable IMS requirements including quality policy, quality objectives, and the role of personnel to support the IMS.
- Develop and assist in the implementation and review of Parker’s (IMS) elements, including but not limited to, conducting internal and external benchmarks, identifying best practices, mapping current processes, and defining future state process.
- Drive standardization across the manufacturing facility regarding machining/equipment, tooling, digitalization, automation and manufacturing related software.
- Actively seek opportunities to improve manufacturing technology and stay appraised of new development in the field.
- Intercultural Awareness Understands, leverages and respects cultural differences, languages, customs and manners on the ground. Has the ability to be flexible, adaptable and agile in foreign environments.
- Business Acumen Business Acumen is understanding how our businesses generate profits and competitive advantage after weighing foreseeable risks. It requires knowledge of how technical and functional roles contribute to and impact bottom-line results. Specifically, it's knowing what business, financial and operational conditions must exist for Parker to maximize profits, without undue risk. Business acumen requires savviness of market practices and industry tactics to assess and determine when the outcome of a decision will result in added value for the organization.
- Building Effective Teams Promotes followership; encourages team members to share knowledge; values contributions of all teammates; shares wins and successes; creates positive morale and spirit.
Physical demands / work environment
The physical and mental demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit/stand while performing primarily sedentary work; Use repetitive wrist, hand or finger movements at a computer;
- Carry up to 10 lbs;
- Communicate with others in a clear and professional manner both orally and in writing to exchange information;
- Work as an integral part of a team with the ability to also work independently;
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining both perspective and professional demeanor;
- Work in a fast-paced professional environment while sustaining attention with distractions and/or interruptions;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in high stress and conflict situations, and, the ability to perform under stress and/or in emergencies;
- Oversee, supervise or manage the overall quality of projects and/or employees performance;
This position will typically work in a climate controlled building in the 2M-Tek Lafayette business unit of Parker Drilling with some exposure to the shop. While in the shop, this position will have exposure to elevated noise levels and continuous vibrations. Parker Drilling will supply adequate training and equipment to meet the functions of the job.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.