Senior Tax Accountant
- 5 Greenway Plaza, Suite 100, Houston, TX
This position will assist in U.S. and U.S.-facing international tax accrual, tax planning and research, and in preparing the annual budget and tax accruals. This position will report directly to the Assistant Tax Director and will assist with special projects and U.S. tax compliance as needed.
- Assist with the U.S. and international income tax reporting to ensure all reporting obligations are satisfied accurately and timely.
- Maintain current knowledge of U.S., U.S.-facing international and certain local foreign compliance matters.
- Assist in completion of audit reports and financial statements.
- Work with the Parker international tax team to review foreign tax returns, return work papers and various associated schedules in order to accurately identify any return to provision adjustments.
- Provides tax research and planning for both corporate and personnel matters.
- Prepares tax expense and cash flow budget on an as-needed basis.
- Prepares and reviews annual, quarterly, and monthly tax accruals and other accruals on an as-needed basis, including cash suspense account review.
- Reviews transactions between countries and between companies for tax consequences and prepares or assists in preparing the needed documentation such as sales contracts, loan documents, appraisals, etc.
- Assists in planning, designing and implementing tax saving ideas.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Supports federal and state income tax return preparation and tax audits as needed.
- Maintain department information and records.
- Interacts professionally with both internal and external constituents; maintains effective working relationships and works in cooperation with accounting personnel for the assigned operations.
Other duties and special projects as assigned:
- Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or equivalent, is preferred.
- Must be proficient in math equal to college level.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in Accounting required, Public accounting experience preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable of tax accounting rules and regulations.
- Experience with Multinational companies – intercompany preferred
- CPA is preferred prepared
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
- Must have excellent PC skills to include all MS Office products.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate in a professional manner with staff, management, customers and vendors.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while managing time in a proficient and effective manner.
- Initiating & Driving Change • Acts as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change • Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions • Creates work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation • Drives step changes in how the company operates • Understands how to change and addresses not only systems and processes, but also cultural aspects of change • Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market • Develops a change strategy that includes milestones and timelines • Accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives • Understands and supports the need for change • Envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process • Provides direction and focus during the change process • Helps to generate support of the changes throughout the organization • Identifies and enlists allies who support the change process • Provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change
- Result Focused • Establishes clear, specific performance goals, expectations, and priorities • Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully • Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers • Very bottom-line oriented • Steadfastly pushes self and others for results • Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles • Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties • Develops a sense of urgency in others to complete tasks • Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time • Challenges him- or herself and others to raise the bar on performance • Focuses people on critical activities that yield a high impact • Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results on time and within budget (e.g., models high work standards and demands the same from others)
- Team Work • Blends people into teams when they are needed • Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team • Shares wins and successes • Fosters open dialogue • Lets people finish and be responsible for their work • Seeks consensus among diverse viewpoints as a means of building group commitment • Defines success in terms of the whole team • Creates a feeling of belonging in the team • Values the contributions of all team members • Creates an environment that encourages open communication amongst team members • Creates an environment that encourages collective problem solving amongst team members
- Customer Focus • Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers • Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to understand customers' business issues and needs for improvements in products and services • Acts with customer in mind • Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect • Genuinely enjoys working with customers to build long-term partnerships • Creates a sense of customer focus throughout their team/ department/ business unit
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 25 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability to include depth perception, peripheral vision and rapid mental coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position will typically work in a climate controlled building in the corporate office of Parker Drilling.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.