Global Account Director (Shell)
- Takelaarsweg 13, Den Helder, Netherlands
Assignment Location: Den Helder, NON, Netherlands
The Global Account Director is responsible for improving market share for an assigned account by delivering revenue growth that outpaces the competition. The Global Account Director understands the account’s operational, technical, and procurement organizations, and develops the ability to influence their strategies and requirements to meet customer and Parker Drilling objectives. This person positions Parker as the technical partner of choice for key tenders, demonstrating the benefits of an integrated approach where appropriate.
- Develop the customer Global Account Plan, respecting the Customer Relationship process and the Product Line strategies, and driving an integrated approach where possible.
- Develop relationships with executive account stakeholders globally (including subsidiary sales accounts) and maintain accurate account hierarchy records.
- Take opportunities to align customer and Parker objectives through strategic partnerships and initiatives.
- Communicate customer drivers to GeoMarket and account/sales teams.
- Identify and capture sales leads and coach the Sales organization through the sales process.
- Contribute to key account opportunity strategies to ensure Opportunity Management compliance.
- Maintain the global master service agreement terms and conditions between account and Parker. If one has not been created, work to establish the MSA.
- Maintain awareness of account contract performance globally.
- Facilitate global account performance reviews and help resolve GeoMarket service issues as required.
- Manage and communicate customer-related issues to Parker management, either directly or through the Global Business Review process.
- Participate as needed in negotiation strategy development.
- Provide support for receivables management as needed.
- Change Management Steadily builds toward an organizational culture that embraces change and honors creative thinking and innovation; effectively leads organizational transformation and engenders nimbleness and market responsiveness to identify opportunities; provides the resources, process, support, and guidance to execute and realize the change agenda; helps break down barriers for change, culturally and operationally.
- Influence & Judgment Quickly understands and analyzes complex issues and problems; comes up with sound and rational judgments; accepts the responsibility of the results; makes an impact; convinces and persuades others; promotes plans and ideas successfully; clearly communicates transition goals and strategies; demonstrates emotional intelligence through self-awareness, self-regulation, empathy, and social skills.
- Business Development Identifies and seizes commercial opportunities; has a strong positive impact on business growth and profitability; develops and maintains strategic relationships.
- Innovation Produces creative and imaginative ideas and executable solutions; promotes change and novelty; presents tactical and actionable ideas based on organizational resources and capabilities.
Necessary qualifications, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Business or Engineering required. MBA, masters, or law degree preferred.
- Minimum 15 + years experience in engineering and business/contract development/management in Oilfield or related industry.
- Previous tenure with IOC or ISC preferred.
- International experience is preferred.
- Must be willing to live and work in the Netherlands
- Customer Relationship Management.
- Contract Management.
- Opportunity Management.
- Revenue & Activity Forecasting.
- Must have previous Shell account management experience
- Must be able to communicate with all nationalities in order to develop relationships of trust and understanding.
- Superior written and verbal skills are required.
- The ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Proficiency in a language other than English may be required depending on the area of focus.
- Business math and financial criteria.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent customer relation skills.
- Must be skilled in MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and Powerpoint. Knowledge of Access and Sharepoint is preferred. Adaptability to other software is a requirement.
- Must be able to multi-task while prioritizing to ensure delivery of completed work on schedule.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and embrace a team environment.
Physical demands/work environment
The physical and mental demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit/stand while performing primarily sedentary work; Use repetitive wrist, hand, or finger movements at a computer;
- Carry up to 10 lbs;
- Communicate with others in a clear and professional manner both orally and in writing to exchange information;
- Work as an integral part of a team with the ability to also work independently;
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining both perspective and professional demeanor.
- Work in a fast-paced professional environment while sustaining attention with distractions and/or interruptions.