Toolpusher - Offshore
- 1110 Unifab Road, New Iberia, LA
This position is responsible for supervising a crew on the Company’s drilling rig ensuring safe and efficient work practices.
- Supervise and ensure safety of drilling crew as well as effective and efficient operations.
- Responsible for coordinating and delivery of rig supplies, drilling tools, fuel, pipe, etc.
- Ensure that Company preventive maintenance procedures are implemented and observed.
- Responsible for implementation and adherence to Company training safety programs, assuring that each new employee is appropriately trained.
- Responsible for enforcement and clarification of Company policies and procedures.
- Determine and coordinate optimum drilling conditions based on experience, utilization of data from nearby or similar well and or optimized drilling programs.
- Responsible for periodic scheduled rig inspections and filing of all pertinent reports.
- Be aware and knowledgeable of state of repair concerning drill pipe collars, BOP equipment, etc., in coordination with Field Superintendent and Operations Manager
- Maintain and disseminate information on rig equipment and drill string performance or failures.
- As needed, assist the Driller in staffing, training and coaching the crews in safe working practices, proper operations and care and maintenance of the drilling equipment.
- Direct rig crews in setting up and operating power units, drawworks and other drilling equipment.
- Assist Company training and safety director in rig surveys and weekly safety meetings.
- Abide by Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
Necessary Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill andor ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A High School diploma is required.
- Must have current Well Control certificate and any other certificates required by clients.
- Current H2s, Fire Fighting, Offshore Survival certifications are preferred.
- Should have 5 or more years of work experience in the drilling industry.
- Must possess direct knowledge of oilfield equipment to include upgrades, modifications and refurbishments.
- Must be familiar with NOV Amphion Chair Joystick Drilling Control System(Pipe Racking System, Iron Roughneck, Drawworks, Top-Drive
- Must possess knowledge with Varco TDS-8
- Must possess knowledge with Mechtech rack/pinion skidding system
- Must have working knowledge of SAP Maintenance Management System.
- Capacity to work effectively under pressure in ambiguous and complex situations.
- Excellent time management skills to prioritize and manage multiple requests from various avenues, and the ability to change direction in response to fluctuating circumstances.
- Must be a self-motivator and work without close supervision.
- Must be able to prioritize jobs and work under tight time constraints.
- Must have adequate computer skills to include all MS Office products.
- Must have good verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, pushpull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift and or move objects of up to 50 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability to include depth perception, peripheral vision and rapid mental coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position may work in various locations - both in the U.S. and internationally. Some locations may be subject to extreme temperatures, hostile environments, civil unrest, etc. Also, travel to and from work location may require extended layovers in unfamiliar locations. Potential for exposure to temperature changes, wetness, confined spaces, chemicals, grease and oil, working with ladderscaffolds, working with hands in water, and working alone. Parker Drilling will supply adequate training and equipment to meet the functions of the job.