Rig Supervisor - Offshore
- 1110 Unifab Road, New Iberia, LA
This position is responsible for repairing and maintaining mechanical equipment to include, but not limited to, engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems and production machines and equipment.
- Accurately maintain a computerized preventative maintenance schedule for all mechanical equipment.
- In accordance with the Company’s HSE standards will maintain, repair and monitor all rig engines, diesel equipment and support equipment.
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts and repair or replace as needed.
- Must be capable of responding to emergency situations including, but not limited to, wellbore influxes, hydrogen sulfide detection and major mechanical or structure failure.
- Must be capable of quickly evacuating the facility to avoid injury during emergencies and, as needed, provide assistance.
- As needed, supervise and support mechanical staff in terms of technical and individual performance capability.
- Must be able to rig-uprig-down all mechanical aspects of the drilling rig and maintain, repair or replace all mechanical equipment.
- Ensure an adequate amount of tools and spare parts are available for repairs and general maintenance of machinery.
- Abide by all Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill andor ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A High School diploma is required.
- Should have at least 5 years of specific work experience.
- Must possess current certifications or licenses necessary to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals tasks.
- Should have good PC skills to include all MS Office products.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors. Being multi-lingual is preferred.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, pushpull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift andor move objects of up to 50 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability of rapid mental coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position may work in various locations - both in the U.S. and internationally. Some locations may be subject to extreme temperatures, hostile environments, civil unrest, etc. Also, travel to and from work location may require extended layovers in unfamiliar locations. Potential for exposure to temperature changes, wetness, confined spaces, chemicals, grease and oil, working with ladderscaffolds, working with hands in water, and working alone. Parker Drilling will supply adequate training and equipment to meet the functions of the job.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.