Cyber Driller (Offshore)
- 1110 Unifab Road, New Iberia, LA
The Driller is a first line supervisor whose main duties are to direct and instruct the crew in the proper way to perform their duties and assigned tasks. This position is responsible for all operations pertaining to the drilling and completion of the well, including the circulating, rotating, hoisting, well control systems. It is the Driller’s responsibility to ensure that the work is performed safely, efficiently and according to procedure. The Driller also takes total ownership of everything on the rig floor.
- Provide visible leadership with a Total Ownership attitude. Owns safety standards.
- Supervise and ensure the safety of drilling crew as well as efficient operations during tour of duty.
- Enforce, clarify, and follow Company and Client policies, standards, and procedures.
- Follow the client’s daily drilling plans.
- Promote operational excellence through procedural discipline.
- Ensure crews achieve Company and client competency standards.
- Train and supervise crew members on standard operating procedures to include, but not limited to, proper care and maintenance of the rig and drill string, including lubrication of equipment and housekeeping.
- Delegate work effectively with a clear definition of requirements and expectations.
- Responsible for morale and order within crew.
- Ensure timely completion of accurate reports required by Company and client (including but not limited to daily drilling reports, pre-tour reports, hand-over notes, etc.).
- Update the well control board each tour as required. .
- Maintain complete records of all tools and tubular run into the hole while drilling and/or reaming (including made up lengths, tool joints OD, ID, serial numbers).
- Track rotating hours on tubular/BHA/Tools.
- Maintain records of footage drilled, location and nature of strata penetrated, materials and tools used, services rendered and time required.
- Monitor drilling parameters and alarm systems.
- Monitor hole fill operations while tripping, logging, cutting drilling line or running casing.
- Record pickup, slack-off, rotating weights, and other drilling parameters.
- Operate NOV Amphion Cyber Chair-based drilling equipment (Top Drive, Pipe Racking System, Iron Roughneck, Drawworks)
- Top Drive: Varco TDS-8
- Maintain and adjust machinery in order to ensure proper performance.
- Ensure floor and crown savers are function-tested and testing results recorded tourly.
- Ensure proper alignment of choke manifold and BOP
- Ensure performance of daily checks on FOSV, Upper/Lower WCV, IBOP.
- Secure well during emergencies and drills.
- Install and record pressure testing of BOPE.
- Ensure all required rig equipment is secured prior to rig skidding operations.
- Comply with platform emergency response plan or station bills during emergencies and/or drills.
- Perform additional duties, responsibilities, and special projects as may be directed.
Necessary Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to identify and understand functionality of various rig equipment.
- Able to identify and understand functionality of various tubular sizes and thread types.
- Knowledgeable of mechanical systems and be skilled at working with hand and power tools.
- Can demonstrate knowledge and be able to function the following equipment:
- Diverter, Well head, BOP and associated control equipment
- Automated pipe handling equipment (Varco PRS-8)
- Cyber base drilling control and safety systems
- Anti-collision surface equipment systems
- Can demonstrate knowledge and execution of the following operations:
- Travelling equipment operation in the derrick
- Drilling and well operations
- Well integrity and well control
- Dropped objects prevention
- Line of fire, zone of exclusion and safe zone operations
- Pipe measurement, number, strapping and tallying of pipes
- Tripping and back reaming
- Running casing and completions
- Troubleshooting downhole problems and equipment failures
- Must have good verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate in English with staff, management, customers and vendors.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills, common sense and the ability to follow directions.
- Must possess basic mathematical skills (equivalent to a high school education) and be proficient in rig math.
- Education, experience, and certifications:
- High School diploma is required
- Must be able to obtain appropriate Offshore certifications
- Offshore Well Control - Surface BOP
- Must be able to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. The employee will be required to meet all standards required for safe operations, including but not limited to the standards set forth by BSEE (Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement) as well as any other standards set forth by regulatory bodies having jurisdiction over the operations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 50 pounds. The employee must be able to tolerate continuous vibrations and elevated noise levels as well as tolerate wearing personal protective equipment, including but not limited to hard hat, steel toed safety shoes, hearing protection, respirators, safety glasses, goggles and full body harness. The employee must stay mentally alert for entire regular shift and must have the ability of simultaneously rapid mental coordination.
Parker Drilling provides equal opportunity for all people and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If an applicant has a disability, the applicant may request accommodations when needed to enable that person to perform their essential job functions or to allow that person to participate in employment.
This position will be offshore. Locations are subject to extreme temperatures and environments. Travel to and from the work location may require extended travel by helicopter or boat. Potential for exposure to temperature changes, wetness, confined spaces, chemicals, grease and oil are possible. Working with ladder and scaffolds and climbing to heights of 200 feet while carrying tools is possible. Parker Drilling will supply adequate training and equipment to meet the requirements pertaining to the job. Employee must be able to work a minimum of 12 hours per day, on a rotational schedule of either 14/14 or, 21/21.
- Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Always be prepared to Stop the Job and seek alternatives, if task involves hazards not identified in PTW or JSA, etc.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
Parker Drilling may use Job Descriptions with duties, responsibilities, skills, abilities, or other details that differ or are in addition to those set forth in this document.