OM003.Manager Operations Senior
- Greenbank Crescent East Tullos Industrial Estate, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
The Operations Manager is responsible for providing leadership and management for operational excellence program, safety, customer relations, financial planning, and strategic vision. This position is responsible for managing Location Managers, implementing, supporting, managing, and enforcing the policies, standards, and procedures of the Company’s Integrated Management System (IMS) including, Operational Discipline and client standards and quality initiatives. The Operations Manager will
provide cross-functional support between the Geo_Markets and Corporate Functional Departments, which includes Operations, Maintenance & Asset Management, QHSSE, Supply Chain, Human Resources, and Engineering. This position will proactively identify opportunities to enhance operational reliability and efficiency while pursuing means of reducing risk to Parker and its clients.
• Provides visible leadership with Total Ownership Attitude instilling Operational Discipline
• Supervise progress and job performance of Locations Managers in the Division
• Coach and counsel Locations Managers, as needed
• Mentor and train personnel in Company IMS standards and procedures
• Act as a conduit for feedback from locations to Company Functional Departments to improve processes
• Responsible for success and support of profit and loss (PNL) of Division
• Develop and maintain operational Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Ensure KPIs support Parker and Client KPIs
- Ensure there is an effective means to track KPIs and targets
- Regularly report progress in KPI attainment to geo-market managers and VP of geo-market.
• Support geo-market in developing and maintaining the culture of Operational Excellence.
- Partner with Location Managers at various levels, as appropriate, to proactively identify opportunities for increased profit, performance, reliability, efficiency, and reduction of risk.
- Support personnel in the development of contingency plans
- Oversight of Operational Discipline program implementation and status
• Focal point for Parker Drilling relating to our Client’s Quality Initiatives in geo-market
- Lead geo-market quality teams to deliver high-quality services and products to our client’s satisfaction
- Assist to define and deliver annual objectives aligned to Parker Drilling organizational strategy
• Ensure geo-market adheres to Company Maintenance and Asset Management Policies and Procedures
• Coordinate and provide Preventive Maintenance support
• Coordinate and provide support for projects affecting geo-market
• Champion needs of geo-market with Corporate Functional Departments
• Assist with Technical and Quality Specification (TQS) documents as well as Quality Plans and Service Delivery Plans (SDPs)
- Communicate with Location Managers and, as appropriate, with the geo-market VP about areas of concern by our Clients
• Ensure processes are in place for reporting and analyzing nonconformities and client feedback
• Support and review geo-market QHSSE investigations relating to safety, security, and equipment failure incidents
- Review weekly Industry Safe open incident reports ensuring all geo-market reported incidents are being actioned and closed promptly
- Review and support all root cause analysis investigations and schedule final review meetings with the geo-market VP for appropriate level incidents
- Ensure root cause investigations are communicated internally, and to a client as required
- Ongoing stewardship to implement corrective actions and facilitate closure
- Identify, communicate, and propose solutions where indications of systemic problems may exist
• Communicate with the geo-market VP and Location Managers about areas of concern by our Clients
• Assist the geo-market finance manager in preparation of Quarterly Business Review presentations by updating slides related to HSE, Quality, IMS, and maintenance/ downtime.
• Support the geo-market with tender responses and proposals for rig specifications and suitability, HSE, Quality, IMS, and maintenance/ downtime, liaising with appropriate functional support departments as necessary.
• Champion and support continual improvement programs
- Opportunity for Improvement (OFI) program
- Provide conduit for Divisions to submit feedback for the Corporate Lessons Learned Program
- Conduct effective quality management reviews
- Develop and deliver an annual audit and assessment program
• Assist with HSE and Service Quality Assessments / Audits and Division Operational Assessments
- Identify common observations
- Communicate learning’s to other Geo_market Leader and the Director of Quality
- Provide in-person support for the audits and assessments
• May be required to perform additional duties and special projects as assigned
Necessary Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
• Must have a High School diploma.
• College degree is strongly preferred.
• Must have experience as a Rig Manager, Rig Superintendent, Field Superintendent, or Area Superintendent.
• Should have at least 15 years of work experience in drilling, rentals, or TRS operations.
• Should have experience supervising managers.
• Capacity to work effectively under pressure in ambiguous and complex situations.
• Ability to work independently with multiple people at many levels and work as part of a team.
• Professional relationship and interpersonal skills with a strong customer service attitude.
• Excellent time management skills to prioritize and manage multiple requests from various avenues, and the ability to change the direction in response to fluctuating circumstances.
• Must be able to problem-solve.
• Must be a self-motivator and work without close supervision.
• Must be able to prioritize jobs and work under tight time constraints.
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers, and vendors. Being multi-lingual is preferred
• Must be able/willing to travel nationally and internationally.
• Must be able to relocate to a European country
Incumbent will be reporting to the VP, Houston US office. He/She will have 6-7 reportees including Country managers.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull, and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 50 pounds.
Travel to and from a work location may be required, and extended layovers in unfamiliar locations may occur. At times, there may be potential for exposure to temperature changes, wetness, confined spaces, chemicals, grease, and oil, working with ladder/scaffolds, working with hands in water, and working alone. Parker Drilling will supply adequate training and equipment to meet the functions of the job.