- Mangistau Oblast, Dostyk Hotel, Office #4, Aktau, Kazakhstan
This position is responsible for ensuring drilling schedules are achieved in compliance with Company and industry guidelines and procedures, through the appropriate management of rig staff, equipment, budgets and materials.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for key decision making regarding rig operations from start up to take down, and ensure high standards are met and maintained.
• Manage daily rig activity to include, but not limited to, crew scheduling, supply maintenance, safety training, personnel issues, etc.
• Ensure all rig operations are carried out in compliance with policies and procedures while adhering to any state and/or federal regulations.
• As needed, actively contribute to all management and operational meetings.
• Ensure rig staffing levels are maintained appropriately to ensure project is completed safely, timely and within budget.
• Ensure rig crews’ competences are developed and maintained and train and/or coach rig employee’s as needed.
• Regularly monitor critical inventories and equipment and coordinate with appropriate department(s) or vendors for movement of materials and supplies when required.
• Liaise with appropriate regulatory bodies to ensure compliance with legislative and industry requirements.
• Perform emergency responsibilities as per emergency procedures.
• Ensure the successful completion of all preventative maintenance activities and major repairs to guarantee efficient drilling and minimize downtime on the rig.
• Be accountable for the safe operation of Company and contract personnel, efficient and productive use of supplies, and proper maintenance, upkeep and repair of the rig and support equipment.
• Adheres to all Company policies and procedures.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Must have High School diploma.
• Should have at least 7 years of work experience in rig drilling.
• Should have at least 5 years of supervisory experience.
• Must have IADC Well Cap certification and/or IWCF Well Control certification.
• Must possess direct knowledge of oilfield equipment to include upgrades, modifications and refurbishments.
• Capacity to work effectively under pressure in ambiguous and complex situations.
• Ability to work independently with multiple people at many levels and work as part of a team.
• Professional relationship and interpersonal skills with strong customer service attitude.
• Excellent time management skills to prioritize and manage multiple requests from various avenues, and the ability to change direction in response to fluctuating circumstances.
• Must be able to problem solve.
• Must be a self-motivator and work without close supervision.
• Must be able to prioritize jobs and work under tight time constraints.
• Must have adequate PC skills to include all MS Office products.
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors. Being multi-lingual is preferred.