- Dammam 2nd Industrial City, Dammam Saudi Arabia
This position will assist the Accounting Department in financial analysis and creating timely and accurate financial statements.
Reconcile general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
Process month-end, quarter-end and year-end journal entries.
Prepare monthly, quarterly and year–end financial reports showing operating performance.
Process, or support, daily cash transactions.
Process, or support, accounts receivable cash applications.
Exhibit friendly, positive and team-like behavior.
Abide by Company policies and procedures.
Prepare periodically required Government Reports.
Other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
o Posts details of business transactions. o Match invoices and P. O. receivers. o Verify receipt of merchandise both on receiver and in the inventory system. o Review proper approvals. o Code invoice according to proper location and charge number. o Process Check Requests. o Prepare audit schedules and support audit. o Review invoices, Purchase orders and accounts for month end accruals. o Research problem invoices with proper department. o Process expense items for payment with proper approvals. o Coordinate with several departments (e.g. Assets and Inventory and Logistics) for proper coding and supporting. o Reconcile supplier accounts. o Record IC transactions and reconcile balances. o May type periodic reports and other records. o May reconcile bank statements. o Provide general clerical support when needed. o Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level. o Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of ITS. Know and understand ITS Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions. o Any further reasonable task requested by your Direct Manager/Supervisor.
Qualifications, skills and abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be capable of working in a team environment.
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
- Must be able to operate a 10 key by touch and type 40+ WPM.
- Must have good PC skills to include all MS Office products with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Must be proficient with data upload processes.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
Additional qualifications, skills and abilities
Education / Qualification:
- Must have high school Diploma. Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is preferred.
- 3-5 years accounting/finance experience.
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications.
- Good oral and written English is a prerequisite, additional language knowledge will be appreciated
- General knowledge of accounting procedures.
- Team player o Proactive in all work related pursuits.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Excel Reporting /Reconciliation.
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 25 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability of rapid mental coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position will typically work in a climate controlled building in the corporate office of Parker Drilling.