Senior Marketing & Communications
- 5 Greenway Plaza, Suite 100, Houston, TX
Marcomms Manager creates, implements, monitors and evaluates marketing communications tactics, including advertising, campaigns, promotions, website and social media to support the marketing objectives of the company and maximize the positive exposure in local, national and global markets. Budgets and allocates funds for communication programs that align with market research findings. Marketing budget development and cost tracking.
Uses market research and analysis to support Parkers business segments in decision-making, brand awareness and strategies. Oversees and monitors KPI’s, business systems, new industry products and communication platforms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creation and development of print and online advertising, email marketing, web site management and content development, press releases, articles, white papers, corporate videos and marketing collateral.
- Marcomms Manager will act to strengthen, protect and leverage the Company’s brand, copyrights and trademarks throughout the organization.
- Must ensure geomarket and service line segment branding is consistent with corporate branding strategy.
- Marcomms manager must be familiar with digital tools, analytics and CRM systems to maximize communications impact.
- Identify data sources required for analysis – ensure data is organized, cleansed and of sufficient quality to provide credible results. Data sets for analysis include, but are not limited to: market data, industry data, customer data, product data and transactional data.
- Oversee the preparation of reports via data collection and analysis on customer/competition demographics, preferences, needs & buying habits.
- Develop rational, scalable and reliable processes for data acquisition and analysis.
- Manage and oversee key performance indicators and report status to senior management.
- Monitor and advise with respect to new products and existing product improvements from the industry.
- Support pricing strategies by providing analysis of market trends and competitor changes and compare with Parker rates.
- Manage promotional events at trade shows and other venues, coordinating with our staff to ensure prompt delivery of materials and merchandise.
- Collaborate with department heads or staff (Sales, Operations etc) to discuss selection of advertising media, products to be advertised and other marketing-related events and issues.
- Identify weaknesses in existing marketing campaigns and develop pragmatic solutions within budgetary constraints.
- Communicate with senior management about marketing initiatives and project metrics, as well as to brainstorm fresh strategies.
- Develop and maintain standardized communications for all Parker marketing material.
- Manage company communications on media sites, website, social media etc.
- Manage all Parker marketing material, brochures, presentations etc.
- Manage and oversee the global CRM system (salesforce) together with processes, procedures and implementation.
- Mentor and develop direct reports.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing or Communications.
- 7-10 years of experience in marketing communications, preferably in an international industrial company.
- 5-8 Years’ global experience in the oil and gas industry a plus.
- 5 years management experience.
- Experience with online content marketing and social media development strategies.
- Excellent communication and decision-making skills.
- Self-sufficient to develop market research, analysis and interpretation.
- Demonstrated ability to build creditability with key BU stakeholders.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally.
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Superior project management and time management skills.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management.
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
- Must have good PC skills to include all MS Office products.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff and management.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
- Must be able to multitask and complete tasks on time.
- Must be able to coordinate and manage projects independently.
- Results-oriented; ability to prioritize effectively and manage one’s time.
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to successfully drive marketing and communication initiatives.
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position may work in various locations - both in the U.S. and internationally. Some locations may be subject to extreme temperatures, hostile environments, civil unrest, etc. Also, travel to and from work location may require extended layovers in unfamiliar locations. Potential for exposure to temperature changes, wetness, confined spaces, chemicals, grease and oil, working with ladder/scaffolds, working with hands in water, and working alone. Parker Drilling will supply adequate training and equipment to meet the functions of the job.
- Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
Parker Drilling may use Job Descriptions with duties, responsibilities, skills, abilities, or other details that differ or are in addition to those set forth in this doc
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.