- Poza Rica, Ver., Mexico
This position is responsible for supporting the Company’s drilling projects by installing, maintaining and repairing drilling equipment.
- Perform pump repairs and general pump maintenance.
- Trip pipe, perform work on stabbing board and/or monkey board.
- Check drilling fluid weight and mix weight properly, observe pit level and report any change.
- Mix chemicals and line up mixing pump manifold.
- Assemble well-control or pressure-control equipment on the wellhead.
- Grease crown and block of derrick.
- Maintain inventory of pump parts, work on drilling pumps and change swabs, liners and pots.
- Keep oil levels consistent, grease and check oil in agitator and troubleshoot problems with pump.
- Must be capable of responding to emergency situations including, but not limited to, wellbore influxes, hydrogen sulphide detection and major mechanical or structural failures.
- Assist with rig-up / rig-down of the drilling rig.
- Assist with the repair and maintenance of large drilling pumps, shale shaker, desander, desilter, and degasser units.
- Must latch and unlatch drill pipe elevators and pull or push drill pipe into drill pipe fingers.
- Responsible for greasing crown and visually checking sheaves for wear.
- Clean the mast and substructure with a high-pressure steam cleaning unit.
- Maintain safety standards and procedures and keep work area in safe working conditions.
- Abide by Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- * Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
Qualifications, skills and abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A High School diploma is required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license; CDL is preferred.
- Should have at least 2 years of work experience.
- Must have knowledge of mechanical systems and be skilled at working with hand and power tools and operating work vehicles such as forklift, trencher, crane, etc.
- Must have good verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 50 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability of rapid mental coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position may work in various locations - both in the U.S. and internationally. Some locations may be subject to extreme temperatures, hostile environments, civil unrest, etc. Also, travel to and from work location may require extended layovers in unfamiliar locations. Potential for exposure to temperature changes, wetness, confined spaces, chemicals, grease and oil, working with ladder/scaffolds, working with hands in water, and working alone. Parker Drilling will supply adequate training and equipment to meet the functions of the job.