Operador de Montacargas
- Reynosa, Tamaulipas, Mexico
- A jornada completa
Descripción de la empresa
Descripción del empleo
This position is responsible for safely operating forklift for designated drilling operations.
- Safely operate forklift and overhead crane to load and unload trucks and barges.
- Position blocks and ties, straps and chains around items to secure cargo for transport.
- Regularly clean, inspect and service vehicle and related equipment.
- Accurately maintain log book in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- As needed, assist other operators with properly securing their load for transport.
- Perform all work safely and in accordance with the Company’s HSE policies and procedures.
- Abide by all Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- * Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
Qualifications, skills and abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A High School diploma is required.
- Should have at least 2 years of specific work experience.
- Must possess necessary licenses, certificates and registrations to safely perform the functions of a forklift operator.
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
- Should have good PC skills to include all MS Office products.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 50 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability of rapid mental coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position may work in various locations - both in the U.S. and internationally. Some locations may be subject to extreme temperatures, hostile environments, civil unrest, etc. Also, travel to and from work location may require extended layovers in unfamiliar locations. Potential for exposure to temperature changes, wetness, confined spaces, chemicals, grease and oil, working with ladder/scaffolds, working with hands in water, and working alone. Parker Drilling will supply adequate training and equipment to meet the functions of the job.