- Reynosa, Tamaulipas, Mexico
- A jornada completa
Descripción de la empresa
Descripción del empleo
This position is responsible for supporting the Company’s drilling projects by safely and efficiently supervising the crew on the rig.
- Safely direct rig crews in drilling and other activities, such as setting up rigs and completing or servicing wells.
- Responsible for maintaining full crew during entirety of project and ensuring crew is competently performing duties.
- Train new crew members on standard operating procedures to include, but not limited to, proper care and maintenance of the rig and drill string, including lubrication of equipment and housekeeping.
- Responsible for enforcement and clarification of Company policies and procedures.
- Connect sections of drill pipe, using hand tools and powered wrenches and tongs.
- Repair or replace defective parts of machinery, such as rotary drill rigs, water trucks, air compressors, and pumps, using hand tools.
- Maintain and adjust machinery in order to ensure proper performance.
- Observe pressure gauge and move throttles and levers in order to control the speed of rotary tables and to regulate pressure of tools at bottoms of boreholes.
- Maintain records of footage drilled, location and nature of strata penetrated, materials and tools used, services rendered and time required.
- Bolt together pump and engine parts, and connect tanks and flow lines.
- Start and examine operation of slush pumps in order to ensure circulation and consistency of drilling fluid or mud in well.
- Remove core samples during drilling in order to determine the nature of the strata being drilled.
- Line drilled holes with pipes, and install all necessary hardware, in order to prepare new wells.
- Position and prepare truck-mounted derricks at drilling areas that are specified on field maps.
- Cap wells with packers, or turn valves, in order to regulate outflow of oil from wells.
- Responsible for timely and accurate submission of various reports, such as: drilling report, preventive maintenance/equipment report, safety report, etc.
- Maintain safety standards and procedures and keep work area in safe working conditions.
- Abide by Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- * Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
Qualifications, skills and abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A High School diploma is required.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must have current Well Control certification and any other certifications as required by client.
- Should have at least 4 years of work experience as a Driller; experience in supervising others is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of mechanical systems and be skilled at working with hand and power tools and operating work vehicles such as forklift, trencher, crane, etc.
- Must have good verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors. Being multi-lingual is preferred.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 50 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability of rapid mental coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position may work in various locations - both in the U.S. and internationally. Some locations may be subject to extreme temperatures, hostile environments, civil unrest, etc. Also, travel to and from work location may require extended layovers in unfamiliar locations. Potential for exposure to temperature changes, wetness, confined spaces, chemicals, grease and oil, working with ladder/scaffolds, working with hands in water, and working alone. Parker Drilling will supply adequate training and equipment to meet the functions of the job.